- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
NDMC area to turn Smart City by 2020
The New Delhi Municipal Council’s (NDMC) Smart City projects will be completed before the 2020 deadline with most of the work getting into implementation mode by this October. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA) has fixed timeline for the projects related to Smart City and directed to to ensure completion of Smart City projects ahead of time so as to lead by example in smart city making across the country.
The Ministry has reviewed the implementation of the NDMC’s Smart City Plan with NDMC officials. During the meeting, NDMC Chairman Naresh Kumar has requested the Ministry to transfer ‘Central Vista’ to the Council for smart redesign and management and was told that it would be considered.
According to HUA officials, NDMC Chairman has given a detailed presentation on the NDMC smart city projects. As part of Rs 1,800-crore Smart City Plan of NDMC, work on a range of major impactful projects will begin in phases by October this year, for which tendering is in progress. These include setting up of a Unified Command and Control Centre, Smart water and power grids, multi-level parking at Khan Market, sensor based smart parking, public bike sharing, converting an additional 333 classrooms into smart ones, Sewage Treatment Plants, smart public hygiene centres etc. Smart redesign of 13 roads totaling 31 kms including seven roads leading to Connaught Place will begin much earlier.
According to Ministry of HUA, implementation of projects worth another Rs 500 cr will begin by March next year. These include India Investment Centre at Yashwant Place, Shivaji Terminal Transport Hub, World Class Skill Centre at Moti Bagh, Incubation Centre and Paryatan Bhawan.
Presenting the details of projects implemented so far, the NDMC Chairman asserted that council has made a quiet smart beginning with smart solutions initiatives already yielding positive results.
Student enrollment and OPD registration have shown good improvement further to converting 444 classrooms into smart ones and online registration in hospitals run by the Council. Mobile app Smart City 311 is finding wider traction with citizens availing various services online.
The NDMC Chairman assured that with most of the projects getting into implementation mode by October this year and the remaining by March next year, all Smart City projects will be completed before the scheduled timeline of 2020.
During the presentation, Secretary (HUA) Durga Shankar Mishra asked NDMC to include more services on 311 app like bus schedules and frequencies at all bus stops, information related to parking lots and availability of slots therein etc. He also directed the Council to ensure all residents of NDMC are brought on this platform besides promoting use of this app among the large floating population. NDMC has also been asked to pursue pedestrianisation of Connaught Place and Khan Market with appropriate action plans.
Stressing that the NDMC has set up solar panels with 3.30 MW of power generation capacity on building roofs, the NDMC Chairman suggested the Ministry to consider allowing it to install solar panels on Central Government office buildings either for free or nominal charge.
- Upset with sealing, traders call for privatising DDA, civic bodies 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Before changing Master Plan, consider impact on environment: HC 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Two critical in group fight over damage to bike 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of metro thieves busted, 3 women held 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC: Integrated common mobility cards with feeder buses 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 21st century age of knowledge economy: Prez 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 youths who stole gadgets to impress girlfriends arrested 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP gets new HQ at 6-A, Deendayal Marg 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Authentication of orders in L-G's name must by officers: Chief Secy 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City saw lowest outages in 2017 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...