NDMC ranked cleanest city in Survekshan survey 2018
The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has been ranked the cleanest small city in the Government's cleanliness survey 'Swachh Survekshan 2018'. Around 1.5 per cent of the national Capital's 16.78 million residents live in the NDMC area.
The area was also declared the cleanest in the north based on its solid waste management, access to sanitation and other parameters of cleanliness, under the zone-wise Swachh Survekshan in 2017.
The results of Swachh Survekshan 2018, which aims to estimate the levels of cleanliness across cities in the country, were announced by Minister of State for Housing Hardeep Singh Puri today.This year's survey saw the participation of around 4,200 cities.
Indore emerged as the cleanest city, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh. Jharkhand was adjudged the best performing state in the survey followed by Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
Compared to the previous surveys, this year's exercise allocated substantial weightage to the feedback from citizens.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...