- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
NDMC set to achieve target of planting 10L trees
Pomegranate Tree, an ancient beloved plant and fruit which had been planted last year by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) in the premises of Brazil Embassy has started flowering which is very enthusiastic and happy moment for the family of Brazil Embassy.
Tovar Da Silva Nune, Ambassador of Brazil while speaking after planting a sampling of Guava tree in the premises of Brazil Embassy on Saturday said, “The usage of Pomegranate tree is deeply embedded in the human life and is famous as food and medicine remedy, so we would like to extend our thanks to NDMC for the valuable gift given to our Embassy.”
He said that trees not only provide shelters and food for many birds but also help in bio-diversity. He also added that more forestation and green cover in a community means increased pleasant surroundings and smooth effect on the body and mind.
Naresh Kumar , Chairperson of NDMC said that with the dedicated efforts of our team and co-operation being extended by people at large, the tree plantation work has began in full swing and getting momentum day by day. "With such a pace of work of tree plantation the NDMC would likely to achieve its target of 10 lakh sapling fixed for the ongoing monsoon season," he said.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a shocking incident captured on a CCTV camera, a minor girl was allegedly attacked by a boy after she resisted his efforts to lewd comments at her at Kurla in north-central Mumbai. The incident took place at 7...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...