Neighbour rapes 2-and-a-half-yr-old girl for days in Okhla; arrested
In a shocking incident, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by one of her neighbours for five-six days in south-east Delhi’s Okhla Industrial Area, police said on Thursday, adding that the accused has been arrested.
The accused, a 30-year-old casual labourer from Bihar, was arrested after the incident was reported to the police.
The incident came to light on Wednesday evening when the victim’s seven-year-old brother saw the accused taking the girl to his house, said a senior police officer.
The boy got suspicious and followed the accused, he added.
When he saw the accused forcing himself on his sister, he raised an alarm and subsequently, the police were informed, said the officer.
It has been learnt that the accused had been taking the girl to his house on the pretext of playing with her and sexually assaulting her for the last five-six days, he added.
The girl had earlier complained to her parents of stomach pain, but could not convey her ordeal to them, said the officer.
Charges of kidnapping, rape and provisions of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act have been slapped on the accused, he added.
The victim’s father works as a security guard while the accused was currently
The accused is married with three children. However, his family members are currently not in town and have gone back to Bihar.
- CBI may get charge of ECI bribery case 29 Apr 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Speeding car rams bike off flyover; 2 dead 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man arrested for throwing sister’s lover from building 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unable to provide for mom, unemployed man kills her 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man shoots wife, self; woman survives attack 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gurugram Police to open free registration help desk 29 Apr 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- AIIMS symposium to mull on dengue vaccine trials in India 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Case filed, hunt on for friend who raped girl 29 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 4 die, 5 injured after explosion in firecracker godown 29 Apr 2017 | SP SINGH
- CM urges AAP councillors to work with honesty 28 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
23 Apr 2017 | Ananya Borgohain
Author Pilar Maria Guerrieri discusses with ANANYA BORGOHAIN how the maps of Delhi from the 19th century onwards document the evolution of the Capital through the Mughal era, pre and post colonial periods, and the contemporary times Please tell us a little about yourself. I am an Italian but since my childhood, I have seen my parents travel to India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 Apr 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The much-hyped river Mahanadi-Godavari (MG) link move is in limbo as the Centre has decided not to undertake these two rivers’ connection in isolation. The MG link issue came up at a recently-held National Water Development Agency (NWDA) meeting, where Union Water Resources Secretary Amarjit Singh revealed, “MG link will not be taken up in isolation; rather water from Manas-Sankosh-Teesta-Ganga (MSTG) link will be made available in Mahanadi basin first including...