Neighbour rapes 2-and-a-half-yr-old girl for days in Okhla; arrested
In a shocking incident, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by one of her neighbours for five-six days in south-east Delhi’s Okhla Industrial Area, police said on Thursday, adding that the accused has been arrested.
The accused, a 30-year-old casual labourer from Bihar, was arrested after the incident was reported to the police.
The incident came to light on Wednesday evening when the victim’s seven-year-old brother saw the accused taking the girl to his house, said a senior police officer.
The boy got suspicious and followed the accused, he added.
When he saw the accused forcing himself on his sister, he raised an alarm and subsequently, the police were informed, said the officer.
It has been learnt that the accused had been taking the girl to his house on the pretext of playing with her and sexually assaulting her for the last five-six days, he added.
The girl had earlier complained to her parents of stomach pain, but could not convey her ordeal to them, said the officer.
Charges of kidnapping, rape and provisions of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act have been slapped on the accused, he added.
The victim’s father works as a security guard while the accused was currently
The accused is married with three children. However, his family members are currently not in town and have gone back to Bihar.
- Bid to nab men who killed dog in Vasant Vihar 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NSUI to focus on women‚Äôs safety, fee rationalisation 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 Africans held with drugs worth Rs 40 cr 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Bombs in HC call a hoax: Police 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dispute between SDMC, IAF over payment of service charges resolved 18 Aug 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- Road safety meet: Safe school travel, free pavements top agenda 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man molests Hong Kong minor on pretext of help in S Delhi, on run 18 Aug 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- New Metro Policy to hit phase-IV 18 Aug 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- CBSE initiative helping girl students crack JEE-Mains 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal approves redrawing of zonal boundaries under NMC 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | bhopal
A 35-year-old dalit woman's nose was allegedly slashed and her husband was beaten by two members of an upper caste family at Renvjha village in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. Narendra Singh (32) and his father Sahab Singh beat up the woman's husband on Monday when he refused to go to their house and do some work, inspector RS Bagri of Surkhi police station said...