Neighbour rapes 2-and-a-half-yr-old girl for days in Okhla; arrested
In a shocking incident, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by one of her neighbours for five-six days in south-east Delhi’s Okhla Industrial Area, police said on Thursday, adding that the accused has been arrested.
The accused, a 30-year-old casual labourer from Bihar, was arrested after the incident was reported to the police.
The incident came to light on Wednesday evening when the victim’s seven-year-old brother saw the accused taking the girl to his house, said a senior police officer.
The boy got suspicious and followed the accused, he added.
When he saw the accused forcing himself on his sister, he raised an alarm and subsequently, the police were informed, said the officer.
It has been learnt that the accused had been taking the girl to his house on the pretext of playing with her and sexually assaulting her for the last five-six days, he added.
The girl had earlier complained to her parents of stomach pain, but could not convey her ordeal to them, said the officer.
Charges of kidnapping, rape and provisions of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act have been slapped on the accused, he added.
The victim’s father works as a security guard while the accused was currently
The accused is married with three children. However, his family members are currently not in town and have gone back to Bihar.
- Govt’s apex committee holds review meet on flood control measures ahead of monsoon 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Assembly: 2-day special session from today 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 3 arrested for Malviya Nagar jewellery shop robbery on June 15 28 Jun 2017 | Vardha Pal/Devyani Vyas
- Stepfather kills 3-yr-old boy for wife’s attention 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Temp, humidity soar; hospitals see rise in diarrhoea cases 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Okhla shanty catches fire; 5 dead, 4 injured 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police observes Int’l Day against drug abuse 27 Jun 2017 | Srishti Garg/Vardha Pal
- Police HQ a tinderbox! 27 Jun 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Four thrash Flipkart’s courier office guard in E Delhi, rob Rs37 lakh 27 Jun 2017 | SR
- EDMC evokes ESMA to end strikes by sanitation staff 27 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...