New Honours courses to herald FYUP debut
With the implementation of the Four-Year Undergraduate Programme, various colleges of the Delhi University are set to introduce the new honours programmes which are likely to be out on the college websites in the coming days of admissions.
The university's most prominent college Miranda House is having one of the most sought-after degrees BTech in Computer Sciences from this academic session. "We had requested for about two new courses but now the plan has been shaped for a BTech in Computer Science. We'll have 30 seats in this programme,"said Pratibha Jolly, the Principal of the College.
Umesh Rai, the Director of S Campus had said that colleges were told to distribute the seats into the honours courses according to the workload and also maintain a stream-wise distribution. While many seats were consumed in the already existing honours programmes principals of many colleges had prepared a list to introduce new honours programmes according to the infrastructures available.
Seats in many honours programmes doubled after the re-distribution took place. And few of the college like the Ambedkar College with 250 seats of B.Sc pass courses and 300 seats of BA course is introducing six new honours courses. "We are introducing six fresh courses from this academic session which includes honours in Political Science, History, English, Economics, Hindi and BMS. The workload will not be much this year but slowly it will increase. The university has given guidelines for the management thus we will follow them," said Guljeet Arora, the Principal of the college. Maharaja Agreson College is also coming with three new courses which include honours in Mathematics, Economics and Computer Science.
Meanwhile, the dean of university, Sudhir Pachauri on Tuesday sent a letter asking the colleges to initiate the recruitement process of teachers according to the workload of new courses for the new session.
- Rape accused to face murder trial 23 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Gurugram Police instils fear into chain snatchers 23 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Clear sky likely in city 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ensuring clean air should be responsibility of all: ASSOCHAM 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Pvt firm donates 5K pollution masks to Gurugram Police 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi zoo all set to be ‚Äėmodel zoological park‚Äô 23 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Air quality gets better, courtesy strong winds 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Eve-teasing, molestation cases on rise in Gurugram 23 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Three men rob scribe at gunpoint on Palam-Dwarka flyover 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- No religion prohibits organ donation, says VMMC doctor 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
It would be a direct fight between the Congress and the BJP in the Chitrakoot Assembly (Satna district) by-election scheduled for November 9. The counting would take place on November 12...