- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
NMC, SDMC identify 99 sites for new parking lots
In order to meet the increasing demand of parking spaces and to effectively tackle the menace of illegal parking on road side, North Delhi and South Delhi Municipal Corporations (NMC and SDMC) have identified 99 spots for construction of surface, stack and multilevel parking lots that is to be completed by the year-end.
The SDMC will construct 43 automated and puzzle parking in its four zones while NMC has proposed building up 56 multistorey, surfaces and stack parking lots. Further, all the parking lots in SDMC areas will come up on land owned by the corporation.
Official told The Pioneer that after the completion of the parking lots approximately12,427 cars can be easily parked in areas of NMC while SDMC will accommodate approximately 7,789 cars.
While surface and multilevel parking lots are commonly known in metros, stack parking facilities are those where hundreds of cars can be parked in a stacked-up fashion on a structure made of grill which may have two or three platforms. Cars from the bottom are moved mechanically to the top level or anywhere else for parking purposes.
These parking sites were demarcated and identified on the basis of certain parameters that include footfalls, distance from nearest markets, non-availability of parking sites in locality among other important factors.
“The areas identified include Defence Colony, New Friends colony, Rajouri Garden, Greater Kailash II (M block), Malviya Nagar, East of Kailash, and South Extension part 1 and 2, adding, the other areas identified include Aurobindo Marg (behind patrol pump), Ghitorni, Green Park, Janakpuri, Amar Colony (Lajpat Nagar), Sarai Kale khan (near Nizamuddin Railway station), Harkesh Nagar (Okhla),” said a senior SDMC official.
Each of these parking to be developed in South will have the capacity to accommodate approximately 200 vehicles. “We have received administrative approval for all these locations and soon the tender would be invited for the same,” said the official.
However, official rued about the roadblocks in the way of corporation in realising this ambitious project. Explaining the hindrance in developing parking infrastructure in the city as per the demand, an official of SDMC said that the multiple authority which owns land are not interested in transferring land for developing parking. “We have requested DDA to allocate land in some of the areas but it refused. So finally we decided to develop theses parking in areas where SDMC had land,” he said.
A senior NMCofficial said it has been decided to develop 29 surface and17 multi-storey and stack parking facilities. He also said that 13 surface parking would be developed on land allocated by DDA and the remaining 16 on the land owned by the corporation.
The tender has already been floated for providing and installing multilevel stack parking car in old zonal office at parking at Idgah road, Jaat Dharamsala along Hanuman Setu ata Hanuman Mandir (Yamuna Bazar), Salim Garh Fort, Pratap Nagar Metro station and one at Jama Masjid Metro station.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...