Noida Authority talks trash: Garbage-free city by 2014
In view of the continuous rise in solid waste being generated every day, Noida Authority has proposed to install incinerators in Sector 123 next year. The foolproof plan aims to make the city garbage-free by 2014.
Authority has also announced to create a Transport Regularity Authority (TRA) to ensure improved means of communication. Rama Raman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Noida Authority, said that the Authority has decided to collect garbage on the lines of other cities which will be dumped at four locations. The garbage from these centres will be sent to an incinerator where it will be converted into ashes.
A team has been set up that would prepare a feasibility report to see the usage of incinerators in handling solid waste disposal in the city. The Authority will take a final decision to use the incinerators once it passes the feasibility report.
A senior official of the Authority said it is planning to procure more than 30 units of incinerator machines with an individual capacity of 50 tonnes of garbage that could residue it to 20 kilograms. These machines would be pressed into service for cleaning municipal waste throughout the day. Around 300 metric tonnes of solid waste is generated in the city daily.
This apart, the Authority has also planned to create TRA for implementing composite mobility plan in the region. “We have been working for improving transport system and traffic on roads. We have decided to approach Centre and State Governments for more buses to ensure last mile connectivity. We have been planning to widen roads and deploy more traffic personnel to improve traffic system in the region, said the CEO.
- Metro Heritage Line to open tomorrow 27 May 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- India’s supercop KPS Gill dies of cardiac arrest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Kidney racket busted, 4 held; Batra Hosp under lens 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Why’s EC shying away from open hackathon, asks AAP 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Class 12 results to be out on Sunday: CBSE 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Be monsoon-ready, Govt warns officials 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wannabe ATM thieves take YouTube lessons; fall in Delhi Police net 26 May 2017 | SR
- Man kills mother over her belief in black magic 26 May 2017 | PTI
- EVM hackathon: EC rejects AAP’s demand to tamper with motherboard 26 May 2017 | PNS
- Mishra records statement with Lokayukta; BJP seeks CM’s resignation 26 May 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | JARIDIH
In a disconsolate mishap, three persons were killed and four sustained critical injuries when a car in which they were travelling lost control and hit a road side tree at Kalyanpur on Ramgrah –Bokaro road in the Bokaro district on Friday afternoon at 4pm ,police in charge Radha Kumari sources said According to sources all the victims of residents of Chatra while they were coming to Bokaro. The deceased have...