- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Noida Authority talks trash: Garbage-free city by 2014
In view of the continuous rise in solid waste being generated every day, Noida Authority has proposed to install incinerators in Sector 123 next year. The foolproof plan aims to make the city garbage-free by 2014.
Authority has also announced to create a Transport Regularity Authority (TRA) to ensure improved means of communication. Rama Raman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Noida Authority, said that the Authority has decided to collect garbage on the lines of other cities which will be dumped at four locations. The garbage from these centres will be sent to an incinerator where it will be converted into ashes.
A team has been set up that would prepare a feasibility report to see the usage of incinerators in handling solid waste disposal in the city. The Authority will take a final decision to use the incinerators once it passes the feasibility report.
A senior official of the Authority said it is planning to procure more than 30 units of incinerator machines with an individual capacity of 50 tonnes of garbage that could residue it to 20 kilograms. These machines would be pressed into service for cleaning municipal waste throughout the day. Around 300 metric tonnes of solid waste is generated in the city daily.
This apart, the Authority has also planned to create TRA for implementing composite mobility plan in the region. “We have been working for improving transport system and traffic on roads. We have decided to approach Centre and State Governments for more buses to ensure last mile connectivity. We have been planning to widen roads and deploy more traffic personnel to improve traffic system in the region, said the CEO.
MORE City NEWS
- Nursery admission: 50 pvt schools face music 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Pvt schools told not to follow CBSE guideline 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2-day Winter Session: AAP MLAs to raise local issues in House today 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary: Head count of animals to begin in Oct 17 Jan 2017 | Sapna Singh
- New vocational training centres will be opened, says Sisodia 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Decoding mind of rapist who preyed on minors 17 Jan 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Employer had no inkling of Sunil’s predatory behavior 17 Jan 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Fun photo shoot on railway tracks proves fatal for two 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Graded response plan in place to curb severe air pollution 17 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter
- SHO asked to give written explanation for clerical error in FIR registration 17 Jan 2017 | Souvik Mitra
17 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Samajwadi party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that he will contest against rebelling son and chief minister Akhilesh Yadav in the state assembly polls slated to begin next month. “ Unka kya hoga, hamara kya hogo ab chunav ayog hi faisla karega(What will happen to them, and what will be our fate will now be decided by the EC),” he said...
I will live for Muslims and die for them. If it comes to Muslims' interest, I will also fight against him (Akhilesh Yadav).
In a relationship when people are attracted to each other, things do happen. But it does not mean it's rape.
I think she (German Chancellor) made one very catastrophic mistake, and that was taking in illegals, wherever they come from.