Noida Authority talks trash: Garbage-free city by 2014
In view of the continuous rise in solid waste being generated every day, Noida Authority has proposed to install incinerators in Sector 123 next year. The foolproof plan aims to make the city garbage-free by 2014.
Authority has also announced to create a Transport Regularity Authority (TRA) to ensure improved means of communication. Rama Raman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Noida Authority, said that the Authority has decided to collect garbage on the lines of other cities which will be dumped at four locations. The garbage from these centres will be sent to an incinerator where it will be converted into ashes.
A team has been set up that would prepare a feasibility report to see the usage of incinerators in handling solid waste disposal in the city. The Authority will take a final decision to use the incinerators once it passes the feasibility report.
A senior official of the Authority said it is planning to procure more than 30 units of incinerator machines with an individual capacity of 50 tonnes of garbage that could residue it to 20 kilograms. These machines would be pressed into service for cleaning municipal waste throughout the day. Around 300 metric tonnes of solid waste is generated in the city daily.
This apart, the Authority has also planned to create TRA for implementing composite mobility plan in the region. “We have been working for improving transport system and traffic on roads. We have decided to approach Centre and State Governments for more buses to ensure last mile connectivity. We have been planning to widen roads and deploy more traffic personnel to improve traffic system in the region, said the CEO.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Apr 2018 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Billed as a test run for the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections slated next year, the BJP captured major chunk of top seats in 34 urban local bodies, including five municipal corporations in the State, Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Adityrapur, Giridih and Medininagar, elections for which were held on April 16. The outcome demonstrated that that the urban voters have reposed faith in the BJP, the ruling party in the State...