Noida Authority talks trash: Garbage-free city by 2014
In view of the continuous rise in solid waste being generated every day, Noida Authority has proposed to install incinerators in Sector 123 next year. The foolproof plan aims to make the city garbage-free by 2014.
Authority has also announced to create a Transport Regularity Authority (TRA) to ensure improved means of communication. Rama Raman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Noida Authority, said that the Authority has decided to collect garbage on the lines of other cities which will be dumped at four locations. The garbage from these centres will be sent to an incinerator where it will be converted into ashes.
A team has been set up that would prepare a feasibility report to see the usage of incinerators in handling solid waste disposal in the city. The Authority will take a final decision to use the incinerators once it passes the feasibility report.
A senior official of the Authority said it is planning to procure more than 30 units of incinerator machines with an individual capacity of 50 tonnes of garbage that could residue it to 20 kilograms. These machines would be pressed into service for cleaning municipal waste throughout the day. Around 300 metric tonnes of solid waste is generated in the city daily.
This apart, the Authority has also planned to create TRA for implementing composite mobility plan in the region. “We have been working for improving transport system and traffic on roads. We have decided to approach Centre and State Governments for more buses to ensure last mile connectivity. We have been planning to widen roads and deploy more traffic personnel to improve traffic system in the region, said the CEO.
- The worst jobs in the city.... and those who do them "RAGPICKERS' 13 Dec 2017 | Chandan Prakash/Abhinav Singh
- 2 try to sneak into metro station with gun, nabbed 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two pickpockets arrested with stolen smartphones 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two held for firing at dhaba owner 13 Dec 2017 | SR
- Excise Deputy Commissioner appears before DCW 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gzb Mayor, 100 councillors take oath 13 Dec 2017 | SP Singh
- City Govt to revamp monitoring, evaluation unit of planning dept 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2-yr-old girl falls into open drain, dies 13 Dec 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Street lighting: HC orders Govt-police coordination 12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISIC gives new life to two underprivileged girls 12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...