Now WhatsApp group lens on cleanliness in trains
Various departments of a train, viz. pantry, bed rolls, etc will have a separate WhatsApp group, which would be monitored by a senior railway official incharge of the cleanliness in the trains.
It will also help railways to bring about greater transparency and accountability in its functioning. Passengers can send in their requests on the group and the same would be forwarded to the authorized representatives by the official overseeing the group.
“Considering the continuous increase in passenger traffic, adequate facilities need to be provided at stations for passengers’ safety and comfort. Besides upgradation of these facilities from time to time and proper maintenance of facilities created are also required said,” General Manager, Northern Railway Vishwesh Chaube.
“WhatsApp groups have been created for train and pantry cleanliness, bed rolls, and functionality of air conditioners in trains. Photographs are being uploaded in these groups for monitoring by,” said a senior railway official.
Northern Railway, which is one of the busiest section of Indian Railways, has taken the lead with this being the second such service of Whatsapp being used by Railways. Earlier it had deployed the free interface to provide live update of all trains through Whatsapp number - 7349389104.
The Northern Railway has also set up a new washing line at the Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in Delhi, which would assist in cleaning coaches within minutes.
- Dalit bodies protest against Kejriwal, Modi 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Prahari Squads to curb petty crimes in G‚Äôgram 21 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- EDMC discusses desilting issues with other civic agencies 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj‚Äôs bother called for questioning 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ghaziabad civic body leader raises rampant encroachment issue 21 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Criminal with Rs2L reward on head among two arrested 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DDA officials get 4-yr RI for demanding bribe from eatery owner 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- DSGMC installs solar plates on roofs of Bangla Sahib, Rakab Ganj Sahib 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Land Pooling Policy: DDA hearing from July 2 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Turn off engines at red lights till green blinks 21 Jun 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...