- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Must improve 'important' relationship with China: Trump
- Vote puts S Korea impeachment ball in Constitutional Court
- Toll from Hyderabad building collapse rises to 11
- Thane man allegedly joins ISIS: ATS
- Deeply pained by allegations against army: Parrikar to Mamata
- Two killed, 10 feared trapped in Hyderabad building collapse
- Vijay Mallya's twitter account hacked
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- HC raps police over Najeeb 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Cool morning; fog hits rail traffic 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Banks to remain closed for three days 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Office of DCP inaugurated 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- KVS to generate clean electricity 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Celiac disease: Awareness campaign on Dec 11 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Mobile App Banking camps held outside mosques on Friday 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Cash-back ‘eases’ cash pain 10 Dec 2016 | Chandan Prakash
- Unable to withdraw money for dress, teen girl hangs self 10 Dec 2016 | Kanika Mehta
- Cong seeks unemployment allowance for unorganised sector workers 10 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
10 Dec 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
The Samajwadi Party's first family feud refuses to die down with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav appointing his trusted leiutent Javed Abdi as adviser of the Irrigation department. The CM's uncle Shivpal Yadav was the Irrigation minister till he was dismissed from the cabinet in October...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.