On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
- Metro Heritage Line to open tomorrow 27 May 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- India’s supercop KPS Gill dies of cardiac arrest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Kidney racket busted, 4 held; Batra Hosp under lens 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Why’s EC shying away from open hackathon, asks AAP 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Class 12 results to be out on Sunday: CBSE 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Be monsoon-ready, Govt warns officials 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wannabe ATM thieves take YouTube lessons; fall in Delhi Police net 26 May 2017 | SR
- Man kills mother over her belief in black magic 26 May 2017 | PTI
- EVM hackathon: EC rejects AAP’s demand to tamper with motherboard 26 May 2017 | PNS
- Mishra records statement with Lokayukta; BJP seeks CM’s resignation 26 May 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | JARIDIH
In a disconsolate mishap, three persons were killed and four sustained critical injuries when a car in which they were travelling lost control and hit a road side tree at Kalyanpur on Ramgrah –Bokaro road in the Bokaro district on Friday afternoon at 4pm ,police in charge Radha Kumari sources said According to sources all the victims of residents of Chatra while they were coming to Bokaro. The deceased have...