- No evidence of killing of 39 Indians: Sushma Swaraj
- 'US should help build Indian Navy to force China back down'
- Will strike 'heart of US' if Kim regime threatened: Pyongyang
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM remembers bravery of armed forces
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in Srinagar
- Kohli wins toss, opts to bat against Sri Lanka in 1st Test
- Ghatkopar building collapse: toll 17; Sena worker arrested
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
- Delhi Police‚Äôs dog squad to get 35 Army trained canines 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Realtor shot dead in Gurugram Sector 67 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Haryana Police asks UP counterparts to curb illegal firearms factories 26 Jul 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Delhi Govt forms body to name roads and institutions 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of robbers arrested for impersonating as police officers 26 Jul 2017 | NISHTHA DHINGRA / MISHA BHATIA
- Chinese national arrested at IGI Airport for smuggling red sanders 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Another pleasant day for Delhiites 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NMC allows women and children to use toilets in all hotels, restaurants for free 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 members of Tillu gang arrested 26 Jul 2017 | Srishti Garg
- GDA all set to launch pre-GST sale of 900 flats 26 Jul 2017 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...