- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal to public debate 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Maken supports CM Kejriwal’s Janlokpal Bill 30 Nov 2015 | SR
- Air quality improves as Particulate Matter recedes in city 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Church backs Thampu in his move to amend constitution 30 Nov 2015 | SR
- CNG from biogas to fuel DTC buses 30 Nov 2015 | SR
- Noisy weddings give police sleepless nights 30 Nov 2015 | SR
- Rising prices burn a hole in consumers' pockets 30 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Pandey
- Pulses' prices to shoot up 30 Nov 2015 | Sapna Singh
- ‘Hoarders connive with officials to increase prices’ 30 Nov 2015 | SR
- Farmers fail to reap benefits 30 Nov 2015 | Ankita Upadhyay
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The Chhattisgarh Government is in the process of setting up smart classrooms in 25 Government schools in the insurgency-infested Kanker district of Bastar region. The classes are being established to enhance learning outcomes of school children using diverse techniques...
You compare the Nagpur Test to a Test match in Perth. I would pay money for a ticket for this game, yaar. To hell with the five days!
It was a great win at Macau; a hat-trick. I am really happy. My immediate target now is the Indonesian Open.
I'm optimistic about what we can achieve at the climate summit, because I've seen America take incredible strides in last seven years.