- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- Power demand breaks record as city battles humidity 01 Jul 2016 | Vishav
- DERC to audit 3 discoms 01 Jul 2016 | Vishav
- Dialysis, CT scan, MRI at Govt hospitals soon: Jain 01 Jul 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- Construction of open-air gym in Ghaziabad sparks row 01 Jul 2016 | SP Singh
- Drowning leaves boy critical 01 Jul 2016 | SR
- Morning blues for Yellow Line commuters 01 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Four doctors, accountant, officer suspended for fraud, medical negligence 01 Jul 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- Despite ‘drugs’ shadow, Kirari youths reach new heights 01 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Aspirants face ‘hardship’ as website crashes 01 Jul 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- HC gives nod to Khalsa College for admissions under minority status 01 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
01 Jul 2016 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Government on Thursday issued new policy guidelines regarding grant of Change of Land Use (CLU) permission for industrial units in industrial or agriculture zones in the controlled areas falling within the municipal limits in the State. These guidelines have been issued in view of the Enterprises Promotion Policy (EPP)-2015, said an official spokesman...
After Kanshi Ram, Mayawati started eyeing non-saleable vote-banks and began selling party tickets. The BSP became a mandi for ticket selling.
The annoying thing about tabloid rumours is the double standard. If I'm spotted with a guy, it’s a negative headline. Men don't get that reputation.
There are people like Bernie Sanders who I think genuinely deserved the title (‘populist’), because he has been in the vineyards fighting on behalf of these issues.