On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
- Laptops, liquor bottles among articles most passengers left behind at IGI Airport 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- After one month, cops solve 21-yr-old graphic designer‚Äôs murder mystery 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 15-year-old girl raped by relative in Aman Vihar 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- More PCR vans to boost security in Gurugram 23 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Bid to abduct toddler foiled, one arrested 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Shrinking water bodies concern ecologists 23 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Water scarcity looms large on city 23 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Facial recognition system helps trace 3,000 missing children in 4 days 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- 45-year-old man stabbed to death by son-in-law 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal breaks 10-day long fast 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
Altogether 275 cases were resolved in National Lok Adalat held under the aegis of District Legal Services Authority under the chairmanship of PDJ Mahesh Chandra Verma on Sunday at Civil Court Garhwa. Five benches were formed for the hearing of the cases...