- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- CM: Reconsider scrapping DERC chief's appointment 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal's reaction shows his rigid attitude: Upadhyay 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 21 AAP MLAs get ‘breather' in office of profit 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Govt takes Saini row to court 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Rare chikungunya stings 57 patients at AIIMS 24 Sep 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- Constable’s son shot dead in Mangolpuri 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old ink thrower gets bail in Sisodia case 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal’s tit-for-tat complaint against Barkha, drags Dikshit 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi may scrap minimum experience for Govt contractors 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- JNU scholar alleges she was stalked by classmate; police book accused 24 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
25 Sep 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday, raised the honorarium of Gram Rozgar Sewak and also formed a Committee to look into the demands of Angadwadi workers, Assistants and Asha Bahus. An official release issued in Lucknow on Saturday afternoon said that the CM has raised the honorarium of Gram Rozgar Sewaks from the present Rs 3630 to Rs 6000 per month...
Political movements and Islamist identity of states like Iran or Pakistan or the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia is the underbelly inspiring militant movements like IS.
The 1960 Indus Waters Treaty between India and Pakistan has survived two wars, and remains in force today.
We've already played without Lionel Messi. But for me as coach and for the team, it's a challenge if we have to play without him.