- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- Police fear strike may imperil city 06 Feb 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Strike throws traffic out of gear in city 06 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- On Feb 14, Cong to expose AAP Govt’s ‘misrule’ 06 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- App to connect citizens with council soon 06 Feb 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- Govt to gauge city’s mood over odd-even 06 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Demolition of Millennium Bus Depot at this juncture not appropriate: SC 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- Mumbai man held with ISIS links near Kashmiri Gate 06 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Civic bodies spend Rs 1 cr per month on e-projects, reveals RTI 06 Feb 2016 | Ankita Sharma
- ‘Info on salary payment to workers false’ 06 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Corporate governance can boost panchayat administration: Mitra 06 Feb 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
It is a show of strength over the IOCL’s Paradip Refinery Project by the BJP and the BJD as the two ruling parties at the Centre and in the State, respectively, have come to a confrontation mode over the former’s high-voltage campaign to take credit for the project ahead of its inauguration on February 7. Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has been targeted by the BJD for going extra miles to take...
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.