- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
On chase, biker gang opens fire, injures two cops; one held
Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-bound robbers opened fire and pelted stones in Badalpur on Saturday.According to police, the incident took place around 9 pm when two bike-borne youths were fleeing from the scene of crime after robbing `42,000 at gunpoint from a liquor store in Sadopur area.
A police team, tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot. Feeling threatened, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the men on duty. Two policemen, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured in the scuffle.
“One of the miscreants, Rajiv, was arrested while the others managed to get away. The seized bike was stolen from Knowledge Park on Friday from a Dhruv, whose mobile phone to was also found along with the bike. With the help of electronic surveillance, the location of the mobile phone was traced to Sadopur. A police crack force was sent to the spot,” said Brajesh Kumar Singh, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Greater Noida.
The accused arrested, a resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, was involved in more than 40 cases of theft and arson in Noida. He is purportedly one of the closest aides of Meerut gang leader,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the
MORE City NEWS
- Noida 2 feet ‘drown’ under! 01 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Showers a harbinger of more Chikungunia woes 01 Sep 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- Mysterious fall takes GTB Hospital’s additional superintendent’s life 01 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Pendency of cases in courts rises to 88.9%: NCRB 01 Sep 2016 | Ankita Upadhyay
- Crimes against women on the rise; DCW writes to Rajnath 01 Sep 2016 | Staff Reporter
- First responsibility of media is to nation, society: Mitra 31 Aug 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Setback for 21 students involved in sedition row 31 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Painted storks arrive early in Delhi zoo 31 Aug 2016 | Sapna Singh
- Sisodia’s request falls on deaf ears 31 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Assembly Secretary Kumar repatriated to Prasar Bharti 31 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
01 Sep 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
The state government announced that the Centre has given its nod for the construction of an international airport near Agra and the project would start from October. On Wednesday, Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal said during a private function in Lucknow that the approval for the international airport has been received and now Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will lay the foundation of the airport during Navratra in the first week of October...
I think we are in that intermediate state where we have understood the market. We need to put forth things in practice and now lot of new things are in pipeline.
Akira pushed me in lot of ways that I have not been pushed before. It has been challenging and it has been a fantastic experience.
A deepening, stronger, more cooperative bilateral relationship with India is not something that anybody should fear or worry about.