Parents of gangrape victim held for taking Rs 5L hush money from accused
In a shocking incident, parents of a 15-year-old, who was allegedly gangraped last year, have been arrested by the Delhi Police for taking bribe of Rs 5 lakh from the accused to withdraw the case. Police said the incident was reported to them at the Pram Nagar police Chowk where the minor girl walked with the bundle of cash. Apart from filing a case against the five rapists, the girl filed a case against her parents.
A senior police officer said, "As per the complaint filed by the girl, she was gang raped by one property dealer Sunil Shahi and his four associates at the Kirari area last year in August. On April 8, two associates of Sunil Shahi came to her house and offered Rs 20 lakh to the parents of the girl to make her withdraw her statement. On the night of April 9, the associates came with Rs 5 lakh. The girl's parents started putting pressure on the girl to withdraw the case and even thrashed her. On April 10, while the parents had gone to the court, the minor girl took out the cash, Rs 4.96 lakhs which was hidden under a bed and went over to police," said the officer.
"The girl did a brave thing. She asked to be shifted so we have sent the girl to a child observation home. The girl's mother was detained on Sunday."
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...