- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Police, NGO Sathi rescue 15 juveniles from New Delhi Railway Station
Fifteen juveniles have been rescued from the New Delhi Railway Station here in a joint drive by the Delhi Police and NGO Sathi, police said on Wednesday. The Non-Governmental Organisation had approached the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of Crime Branch to come to the rescue of the deprived children, police said in a statement.
Sathi is engaged in rescue and rehabilitation of children found at railway stations and platforms across the national Capital. "A ten-day drive was launched on September 1 at the New Delhi Railway Station for rescuing such children. Fifteen such juveniles were recovered," the statement said.
The rescued children went through counselling by the NGO and thereafter, the juveniles expressed a desire to return to normal life and shun the world of crime, it said. The children were united with their parents on Tuesday.
"The juveniles, aged between 10 to 16 years, belonged to poor family background. They are school dropouts who had fled from their homes in the hope of earning money," said a senior police officer.
- Man shot dead, Tilu-Gogi gang rivalry suspected 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SP ‚Äėinaugurates‚Äô Gzb elevated road before Yogi 17 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
- CISF launches Umang app to help flyers track lost belongings 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CRPF holds workshop on psychiatric diseases 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC releases handbook for primary teachers 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Focus of Central Govt is to transform primary healthcare centres: Min 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNU prof booked for sexual harassment 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old man dies, five hurt after house catches fire 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IndiGo, Spice Jet to partially shift operations to T2 from March 25 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New supplementary exam rules leave students' future at stake 17 Mar 2018 | Abhinav Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...