- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Potency test done on Ashok, forensic evidence sent
The Gurugram Police has conducted potency test on the main accused Ashok Kumar in the murder of Pradyuman Thakur, a student of Ryan International School here. The result of the test is awaited but police said that the reason for conducting the test was to ensure that accused did not get away using any legal or medical reason to escape punishment.
Highly-placed sources with the police department said during the remand period police have sent Ashok's undergarments and the knife allegedly used in the murder along with blood samples of the accused and the victim for forensic testing.
Ashok's sperm has also been sent for a DNA test, police also have done potency test of the accused and reports are awaited.
"The murder is being investigating from different angles. Also, police would like to produce a strong case before the court also we are piecing together sequence of the crime with the evidence so that the accused could not take any benefit of a doubt," a senior police officer, said.
The accused was confronted in the light of the evidences gathered so far. He was repeatedly asked disclose the sequence of events. During his custodial interrogation, Ashok, the accused, maintained that he committed murder, said a police officer involved in the probe.
"During the investigation, Ashok told us at the time of crime his mind was not working. Everything has occurred within a second and he killed the boy," said the officer.
However, Ashok's parents, relatives and his fellow villagers do not believe that he has committed such a sordid crime.
Pradyuman's parents also sense something fishy in the police theory and have told police that someone else had committed the crime.
A senior police officer said, "Assistant Director of Haryana Police (Law and order), Mohammad Akil has also talked to the school gardener who also informed the school teacher about the incident. The ADGP had also visited the crime spot on Monday."
"The investigation into the horrendous killing is underway and the investigation team is gathering all possible evidence and facts to prove their case before the court. During the remand period, there was no pressure on the accused. He has confessed his crime before the court as well," Ravinder Kumar, spokesperson of Gurugram police, said.
- Woman, husband declared absconder 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders take out march against AAP Government 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 46 more properties sealed in North Delhi 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear day ahead, says MeT official 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old man found dead with throat slit 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 150-bed multispecialty children's hospital inaugurated 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ammonia in Yamuna: NGT directs Delhi, Haryana to resolve issue 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi begins trial of anti-pollution towers 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make city green to curb pollution, says Sisodia 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No steps taken to curb sexual exploitation: Gupta 17 Feb 2018 | SR
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...