Realtor facing criminal cases shot dead in Noida
A realtor facing over a dozen criminal cases, who had reportedly gone to Hindon Vihar in Noida regarding a land dispute, was shot dead there by unidentified gunmen on Monday at 5 pm, police said. Identified as Moti Goel, the realtor was even jailed for land deals gone wrong earlier, police said.
The injured businessman, who received seven bullet wounds, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, said a police officer, adding that Goel was facing about a dozen criminal cases being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He had been in in Dasna jail for over a decade and currently he was on bail, said the officer. Goel was accused of forging revenue papers and was said to possess land in areas beyond the Hindon river in Ghaziabad district, he said.
Geol's name had figured prominently after the then district magistrate (DM) of Ghaziabad Santosh Yadav order an audit of the Government land. Goel was booked in land scams when CBI investigated the land related criminal cases. Some cases were concluded and some cases were still under trial in CBI court in Ghaziabad, said the officer.
"The body has been sent for post mortem examination. Prima facie it appears to be a case of personal enmity. Investigation has been taken and a case of murder has been registered at sector-49 police station. Bullets were recovered from the spot and have been sent for forensic examination", said Prabhat Dixit the public relations officer to SSP Gautam Budh Nagar Ajay Pal Sharma.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...