Samaypur Badli murder: 3 held for beheading 22-year-old Javed
Delhi Police arrested three people in connection with the murder of a 22-year-old youth whose headless body was found near the Samaypur Badli Metro Station on Monday.
On the same night of murder, accused Ranjeet visited the spot and was showing his sympathy with the family members of deceased Javed.
The accused informed that they killed the youth as he had illicit relations with the wife and sister of the accused. Fed up of warning him to stay away, they all called the deceased to come for drinks.
Inebriated, the accused thrashed the youth and later on severed his head and threw it away from his body. The deceased, Javed was identified from his clothes and chappals.
Rishi Pal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) said the arrested accused have been identified as Ranjeet (18), Gulab Singh (21) and Rahul (20).
On Monday, a PCR call was received at the Samaypur Badli Police Station about a headless body lying in a field near the Metro Station.
Several raids were conducted to apprehend the accused. The team apprehended Ranjeet, Gulab Singh and Rahul. Later, at the instance of the accused, head of the deceased Javed was recovered, and mobile phone of deceased was also recovered from their possession. “During the course of interrogation, the accused revealed that Javed had illicit relation with the sister of Ranjeet and also with the wife of one accused — Darshay. Despite repeatedly warning Javed to stay away from the sister and wife of the accused, Javed did not pay heed,” said the DCP.
“The accused then hatched a plan to kill Javed. As per the plan, Darshay left his wife at her parental home. On Sunday evening, Ranjeet called Javed on the pretext of drinking liquor. As per plan they consumed liquor in the Sorghum (Jawar) field near Siras Pur Metro Station and when deceased Javed got drunk, Darshay, waiting in the field as per their planning, came out with a meat chopper. While others held Javed, Darshay beheaded Javed. After cutting his head they picked the head of Javed and threw it in the paddy field so that the dead body could not be identified. After committing murder, they all fled away,” said the DCP.
Police said that efforts are on to trace the other two accused.
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Yogi attends workshop to analyse BJP‚Äôs defeat in UP by-elections 20 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj summoned for questioning 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2 hedgehogs found in unclaimed bag at Sarai Rohilla Rly station 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- SDMC Mayor urges Rly Min to improve services on ring network 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi flyover works to be completed by August: Vardhan 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...