- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Samaypur Badli murder: 3 held for beheading 22-year-old Javed
Delhi Police arrested three people in connection with the murder of a 22-year-old youth whose headless body was found near the Samaypur Badli Metro Station on Monday.
On the same night of murder, accused Ranjeet visited the spot and was showing his sympathy with the family members of deceased Javed.
The accused informed that they killed the youth as he had illicit relations with the wife and sister of the accused. Fed up of warning him to stay away, they all called the deceased to come for drinks.
Inebriated, the accused thrashed the youth and later on severed his head and threw it away from his body. The deceased, Javed was identified from his clothes and chappals.
Rishi Pal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) said the arrested accused have been identified as Ranjeet (18), Gulab Singh (21) and Rahul (20).
On Monday, a PCR call was received at the Samaypur Badli Police Station about a headless body lying in a field near the Metro Station.
Several raids were conducted to apprehend the accused. The team apprehended Ranjeet, Gulab Singh and Rahul. Later, at the instance of the accused, head of the deceased Javed was recovered, and mobile phone of deceased was also recovered from their possession. “During the course of interrogation, the accused revealed that Javed had illicit relation with the sister of Ranjeet and also with the wife of one accused — Darshay. Despite repeatedly warning Javed to stay away from the sister and wife of the accused, Javed did not pay heed,” said the DCP.
“The accused then hatched a plan to kill Javed. As per the plan, Darshay left his wife at her parental home. On Sunday evening, Ranjeet called Javed on the pretext of drinking liquor. As per plan they consumed liquor in the Sorghum (Jawar) field near Siras Pur Metro Station and when deceased Javed got drunk, Darshay, waiting in the field as per their planning, came out with a meat chopper. While others held Javed, Darshay beheaded Javed. After cutting his head they picked the head of Javed and threw it in the paddy field so that the dead body could not be identified. After committing murder, they all fled away,” said the DCP.
Police said that efforts are on to trace the other two accused.
- Upset with sealing, traders call for privatising DDA, civic bodies 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Before changing Master Plan, consider impact on environment: HC 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Two critical in group fight over damage to bike 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of metro thieves busted, 3 women held 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC: Integrated common mobility cards with feeder buses 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 21st century age of knowledge economy: Prez 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 youths who stole gadgets to impress girlfriends arrested 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP gets new HQ at 6-A, Deendayal Marg 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Authentication of orders in L-G's name must by officers: Chief Secy 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City saw lowest outages in 2017 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...