SDMC seals 24 properties
The building department of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has sealed 24 properties Rajouri Garden, Sagarpur and areas fall under Najafgarh Zone for misusing of spaces.
A senior SDMC official said the decision was taken on the direction of the Supreme Court-appointed monitoring committee. Brain Academy, ‘Capital Small Finance Bank’, Bigwig are among the others which were sealed at Rajouri Garden.”The properties situated in some of the areas were being used for commercial activities,” the official said.Further, according to the officials, the civic body has started making list of parking spaces that is being misused. He said, “Action can be taken any time.”
The monitoring committee on Monday has written to the commissioners of all the three municipal corporations, instructing to take action against misuse of parking spaces in residential areas. Soon after receiving the order, all the zonal deputy commissioners, additional commissioners and Superintendent engineer were informed and directed to take measure in the direction of the committee,” officials said.
The SC-appointed monitoring committee, which was revived on December 15 last year, has three members, including former adviser to the Election Commission KJ Rao, chairman of Environment Pollution (Prevention & Control) Authority (EPCA) Bhure Lal and Major General (retd) Som Jhingan.
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-year-old man found murdered in Narela park 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses sultry weather, strong winds likely today 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Need for rehab policy on child rapes: Experts 21 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE exams: More boys called for counselling than girls 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...