Shunglu Committee report: Maken seeks arrest of Kejriwal, Govt officials
The delegation led by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Ajay Maken on Thursday submitted a complaint to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik, seeking the arrest of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Ministers and officials of his Government in connection with the findings of the Shunglu Committee report.
In the run-up to the MCD polls, scheduled to be held on April 23, the Congress has launched a campaign demanding registration of an FIR on the basis of the Shunglu Committee report, the content of which has been brought to the public domain by Maken through an RTI application.
“The delegation demanded that a case be registered against Kejriwal and ministers and officials of his government who have been indicted in the Shunglu Committee report,” Maken told reporters after meeting the Police Commissioner.
He added that all the 272 Congress candidates for the MCD polls have lodged similar complaints at respective police stations across the city. Maken said if the police failed to lodge a case against Kejriwal and others, his party will approach the court for the same.
- Cops to take forensic psychology‚Äôs help 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal reviews safety of people from North-East 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Woman among three held for blackmail, extortion 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt to develop 400 ghats for Chhath 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- School to conduct extra classes for students: DC 22 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Bio-stabilisation started at Ghazipur landfill site: EDMC 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old woman, boyfriend held for robbing own house at Seelampur 21 Sep 2017 | SR
- Bihar don arrested near New Delhi Rly Station 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt must check noise levels of loudspeakers at mosques: NGT 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Man rapes, tries to kill minor at Karol Bagh 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...