Shunglu Committee report: Maken seeks arrest of Kejriwal, Govt officials
The delegation led by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Ajay Maken on Thursday submitted a complaint to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik, seeking the arrest of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Ministers and officials of his Government in connection with the findings of the Shunglu Committee report.
In the run-up to the MCD polls, scheduled to be held on April 23, the Congress has launched a campaign demanding registration of an FIR on the basis of the Shunglu Committee report, the content of which has been brought to the public domain by Maken through an RTI application.
“The delegation demanded that a case be registered against Kejriwal and ministers and officials of his government who have been indicted in the Shunglu Committee report,” Maken told reporters after meeting the Police Commissioner.
He added that all the 272 Congress candidates for the MCD polls have lodged similar complaints at respective police stations across the city. Maken said if the police failed to lodge a case against Kejriwal and others, his party will approach the court for the same.
- Court pulls up police for not filing ATR 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Court order on police‚Äôs plea against Ansals on July 29 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt upgrades Rural Development Board 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 100 school buses, vans seized for violation of Govt norms 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Police get hoax call threatening to blow up PM house, Rajiv Chowk Metro Station 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISIS operative prosecuted under UAPA 20 Jul 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- NMC‚Äôs 90 wards declared ODF 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man posing as cop threatens to kill activist Shabnam Hashmi, held 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP MP demands reunification of municipal bodies 20 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- BJP, RWAs boycott DERC‚Äôs hearing on tariff revision 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Aspirants for Sub Inspectors’ post in the State gathered in quite a number at Morabadi ground Wednesday to stage protest against the recruitment norms of State government. The aspirants conducted a ‘Maha Mundan’ where approximately 60 students shaved their heads...