Shunglu Committee report: Maken seeks arrest of Kejriwal, Govt officials
The delegation led by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Ajay Maken on Thursday submitted a complaint to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik, seeking the arrest of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Ministers and officials of his Government in connection with the findings of the Shunglu Committee report.
In the run-up to the MCD polls, scheduled to be held on April 23, the Congress has launched a campaign demanding registration of an FIR on the basis of the Shunglu Committee report, the content of which has been brought to the public domain by Maken through an RTI application.
“The delegation demanded that a case be registered against Kejriwal and ministers and officials of his government who have been indicted in the Shunglu Committee report,” Maken told reporters after meeting the Police Commissioner.
He added that all the 272 Congress candidates for the MCD polls have lodged similar complaints at respective police stations across the city. Maken said if the police failed to lodge a case against Kejriwal and others, his party will approach the court for the same.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH | New Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) will launch its own state-of-the art “Incubation and Innovation Centre” that would act as a hub of ideas, research, innovations and start-up by students and faculty. Slated to start from the next year, the centre would incubate those ideas and plans that are of some commercial value or of some social importance...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...