Sikhs want implementation of Anand Marriage Act in Bengal
Days after the Delhi Government notified the Anand Marriage Act, Sikh community has urged their Sikh leader and General Secretary, Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee Manjinder Singh Sirsa to get this Act implemented in West Bengal also. The demand was raised by Harpal Singh Johal president Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee, Baba Deep Singh, Saheed Asansol at a function to celebrate the birthday of Baba Ajit Singh, son of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib.
Johal said Sikh community of the West Bengal also needs this Act for sikh couples. Sirsa also assured that he will personally take up the issue of implementation of Anand Marriage Act in West Bengal. He said, “It is wish of the Shiromani Akali Dal, president Sukhbir Singh Badal to get the act implemented in all the States of the country and he was thankful to all the Governments who have implemented the act and hoped that the remaining states will also implement it to facilitate the Sikh couples to get their marriages registration under the Act.”
- 4 held for online bank fraud, duping people 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, son arrested for Rs 28 cr GST evasion 25 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to join probe on Friday evening 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- First civic body in India to tap solar energy, claims SDMC 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Officials told to identify 5 stretches, areas under flyovers for beautification 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Boon for students of JNU, IIT, Jamia, Amity 25 May 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- A sneak peek into Magenta Line 25 May 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- NDMC contractual sanitation workers call off strike 25 May 2018 | SR
- City power demand surges to 5,863 MW as mercury rises 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New PoochhO app to help you know DTC bus arrivals soon 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...