Stone pelting over playing music in Old Delhi, 1 hurt
One person sustained minor injuries after two communities clashed over playing music in Old Delhi, which led to stone pelting in the area.The incident took place in North Delhi's Sadar Bazaar area in the wee hours of Wednesday.
Calling the stone pelting a minor incident, Jatin Narwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police, North said, "A minor incident of stone pelting took place at around 1 am near Gali- Jatan Gali Telyan in Sadar bazaar area."The DCP said that local police was immediately sent to control the riot like situation. Our staff dispersed the people who had gathered and dominated the whole area.
"During the course of investigation, it was found that stones were pelted over playing DJ. In the incident, one person sustained a minor injury. He was rushed to the Bara Hindu Rao hospital and was later discharged."Narwal said, "An FIR under sections of rioting and simple hurt has been registered."
In light of the sensitive situation, local peace committee meeting has been conducted by the Delhi police.
Police said that post the stone pelting incident, markets were opened on Wednesday and people are carrying out their daily activities. Police is maintaining vigil.
Police said that they are questioning the locals and are also scanning through the CCTV cameras to establish the sequence of events.
- Youth Congress protests against fuel price hike 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sehwag, Bhaichung, Dahiya keen to run free sports coaching in city schools 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No gift please for our performing duties, say HC judges 24 May 2018 | PTI
- NGT slaps Rs 2-lakh fine on Railways 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Body of man with multiple injuries found in Okhla 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 81 vehicles impounded, several structures razed 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP questions BJP, L-G 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3-member panel to probe IRS officer‚Äôs charge 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia summoned in CS assault case 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP launches app for aspirants 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...