Stop cancelling, issuing ration cards, dept told
Following complaints about alleged violations of norms by officials, the Delhi Government on Monday directed Food and Civil Supplies Department to immediately stop process of cancellation of existing ration cards and issuance of new ones.
An order in this regard was issued by by Food and Civil Supplies Minister Imran Hussain. In the order, the department's Commissioner has been directed to stop the process of cancelling existing ration cards and making of new cards till further orders.
There are 2,254 fair-price shops in the national Capital from where food grains are distributed to card holders at subsidised rates.
In his order, the Minister said that it has been brought to his notice by various MLAs, NGOs and general public that several names have been deleted from ration cards while over several thousand names have been added in the existing ration cards.
The order stated that according to complaints, thousands of ration cards have also been made in the last 2-3 months without following the due process of law such as issuance of notice, house verification, survey and due opportunity of being heard.
“It is being alleged that Food and Civil Supplies Department is not following proper procedure in the process of addition and deletion of names in the ration cards and is acting in arbitrary and malafide manner.
“In view of complaints, it is directed that the process of cancellation of existing ration cards and making of new ration cards may be stopped herewith immediately till further orders,” Hussain said in his order.
He also said in case of any urgency for deletion or addition of names in ration cards, his approval should be sought.
Earlier this month, the Delhi Government had approved doorstep delivery of ration scheme, and sent it to Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal for his approval.
- Thousands of students throng Talkatora Stadium 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,000 cops take part in spl event at Thyagraj 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 13K jail inmates perform asanas 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites celebrate Yoga Day with enthusiasm 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Decks cleared to set up hazardous waste disposal facility at Bawana 22 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Sanitation workers to get loans to buy sewer cleaning machines 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Post sit-in, Kejriwal holds back-to-back meetings 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Crackdown on squatters: Several areas cleared, 46 vehicles seized 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Now, WhatsApp electricity meter reading to generate bill 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 10K students grab 20% DU seats in 3 days 22 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...