Tata Power-DDL rolls out 2.5 lakh smart meters in first phase
With the aim of providing smart power services to its consumers, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (Tata Power-DDL) is rolling out 2.5 lakh smart meters in the first phase of its ‘Advanced Metering Infrastructure’ (AMI) project in its licensed area of 510 sq km in North and North-West Delhi.
The project will help Tata Power-DDL to provide greater service options and accurate information to its customers on their energy consumption patterns, helping them to manage their electricity usage more efficiently and improve overall reliability by reducing outage time.
A senior official of Tata Power-DDL said “Smart meters give consumers greater control over the use of electricity by providing detailed information about their usage and consumption patterns helping them in planning their expenses better”.
“The meters will also provide more accurate reading of their electricity consumption and helping in faster outage detection and restoration of service by accurately sending information of the outage to the utility thereby decreasing restoration time in case of outages. Smart meters will also help in paving the way for a smart grid, which will act as a backbone towards the smart city mission,” he said.
Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD of Tata Power-DDL said, “We are dedicated to bring the state-of-the-art Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technology and solutions to our customers in North Delhi. Our work with Landis+Gyr on India’s large scale Smart Meter and RF canopy deployment for our entire operation area of 510 sq kms is a significant step in our effort to bring smart grid technology in India.
Sinha further said “The smart meter deployment will not only empower our consumers with two-way communication system but will also help us to build an important foundation to become a truly Smart Grid along with world class power distribution infrastructure.”
“The project will also help in enhanced monitoring and control points throughout Tata Power-DDL’s network on real time basis and will aid in reduction of commercial losses,” he said.
“The first phase will include putting up of 50,000 three phase meters and two lakh single phase meters and second phase will have five lakh SPM and 50,000 three phase meters due to get started from April 2019. The total replacement and completion of 18 lakh smart meters will be done by 2025,” the official said.
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (established July 1, 2002) is a joint venture between Tata Power and Government of Delhi.
- NGT calls for report on action plan for disposal of waste at Ghazipur 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Psychometric test for school employees likely 25 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Man arrested for raping niece in Pandav Nagar 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- To prohibit smoking, DMRC told to ban matchboxes, lighters on trains, at stations 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted Russian fugitive sent to custody in city 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MCD contractor found dead in Bawana godown 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...