Tatkal temporary power connections in Delhi for Durga Puja, weddings
Power major BRPL and BYPL have decided to provide instan), temporary electricity connections for Durga Puja pandals and wedding functions under a Tatkal scheme for the festive season. The applicants can apply online or call the BSES call centres for the temporary connections for Durga Puja pandals (enclosures) and marriages, that will be approved same day, he said.
BSES discoms have already undertaken several measures, including putting its operations and maintenance teams on high alert to ensure reliable power supply during upcoming festive season. The temporary 'tatkal' connection can be obtained by contacting the call centre at 39999707 (BRPL) and 39999808 (BYPL). The applicants can also complete simple formalities by visiting the call centers at division office.
Applications for temporary connections can also be made online through the BSES website. Normally, it takes 3-5 days to get temporary electricity connections, said the spokesperson.
A senior official of the BSES said that the incidence of power-theft also increases during the festival season. "BSES teams will be on a high alert to catch such transgressions. They will be relying heavily on analytics to catch the power thieves. Consumers are requested to take legal 'temporary' connections for all their celebrations," he said.
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) distributes power to an area spread over 200 sq km. According to its website, BPYL has 1.6 million customers are spread over 14 districts across Central and East Delhi including Chandni Chowk, Darya Ganj, Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil, Karawal Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Mayur Vihar, Pahar Ganj, Patel Nagar.
BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) distributes power to an area spread over 750 sq km. It has over 2.4 million customers spread in 19 districts across South and West Delhi including Alaknanda, Dwarka, Hauz Khas, Janak Puri, Khanpur, Mundka, Najafgarh, Nangloi, Nehru Place, Nizamuddin, Palam, Punjabi Bagh, RK Puram, Saket, according to BRPL website.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...