- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Tatkal temporary power connections in Delhi for Durga Puja, weddings
Power major BRPL and BYPL have decided to provide instan), temporary electricity connections for Durga Puja pandals and wedding functions under a Tatkal scheme for the festive season. The applicants can apply online or call the BSES call centres for the temporary connections for Durga Puja pandals (enclosures) and marriages, that will be approved same day, he said.
BSES discoms have already undertaken several measures, including putting its operations and maintenance teams on high alert to ensure reliable power supply during upcoming festive season. The temporary 'tatkal' connection can be obtained by contacting the call centre at 39999707 (BRPL) and 39999808 (BYPL). The applicants can also complete simple formalities by visiting the call centers at division office.
Applications for temporary connections can also be made online through the BSES website. Normally, it takes 3-5 days to get temporary electricity connections, said the spokesperson.
A senior official of the BSES said that the incidence of power-theft also increases during the festival season. "BSES teams will be on a high alert to catch such transgressions. They will be relying heavily on analytics to catch the power thieves. Consumers are requested to take legal 'temporary' connections for all their celebrations," he said.
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) distributes power to an area spread over 200 sq km. According to its website, BPYL has 1.6 million customers are spread over 14 districts across Central and East Delhi including Chandni Chowk, Darya Ganj, Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil, Karawal Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Mayur Vihar, Pahar Ganj, Patel Nagar.
BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) distributes power to an area spread over 750 sq km. It has over 2.4 million customers spread in 19 districts across South and West Delhi including Alaknanda, Dwarka, Hauz Khas, Janak Puri, Khanpur, Mundka, Najafgarh, Nangloi, Nehru Place, Nizamuddin, Palam, Punjabi Bagh, RK Puram, Saket, according to BRPL website.
- Man shot dead, Tilu-Gogi gang rivalry suspected 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SP ‚Äėinaugurates‚Äô Gzb elevated road before Yogi 17 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
- CISF launches Umang app to help flyers track lost belongings 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CRPF holds workshop on psychiatric diseases 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC releases handbook for primary teachers 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Focus of Central Govt is to transform primary healthcare centres: Min 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNU prof booked for sexual harassment 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old man dies, five hurt after house catches fire 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IndiGo, Spice Jet to partially shift operations to T2 from March 25 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New supplementary exam rules leave students' future at stake 17 Mar 2018 | Abhinav Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...