Tiwari calls AAP, Cong two faces of same coin
Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari on Tuesday slammed both AAP and Congress alleging that in the name of an all-party meeting on sealing issue, the two faces of the same coin have sat together and praised each other’s efforts.
He said if the Arvind Kejriwal Government is committed to find a solution of sealing issue it should immediately hold a Special Session of Vidhan Sabha and pass a resolution seeking moratorium to all commercial constructions and unauthorised colonies existing as on December 31, 2017 and forward it to the Centre.
Tiwari, who is on a state visit abroad, had a teleconference discussion with senior Delhi BJP office-bearers and traders on the sealing issue.
He said the sealing issue suddenly got complicated in the Supreme Court in November, 2017 “after the Delhi Government filed an affidavit seeking two more years to even start the work on regularisation of illegal colonies and unauthorised constructions in the city. After this affidavit, the Supreme Court expressed its concern over the intentions of the Delhi Government and revived its Monitoring Committee to curb the growing menace of unauthorised construction”.
The BJP MPs and senior party leaders have met the Monitoring Committee members twice and appealed them to stop sealing in Delhi but the Chief Minister had stayed away, he added.
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Yogi attends workshop to analyse BJP‚Äôs defeat in UP by-elections 20 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj summoned for questioning 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2 hedgehogs found in unclaimed bag at Sarai Rohilla Rly station 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- SDMC Mayor urges Rly Min to improve services on ring network 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi flyover works to be completed by August: Vardhan 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
Mother of PR dept Addl Director passes away Late Laxmibai Gupta, mother of Suresh Gupta, the Additional Director, Public Relations Department passed away here on Tuesday. She was ill for last 15 days and left for heavenly abode at the age of 91 years at Bhopal on Tuesday morning...