- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Tiwari calls AAP, Cong two faces of same coin
Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari on Tuesday slammed both AAP and Congress alleging that in the name of an all-party meeting on sealing issue, the two faces of the same coin have sat together and praised each other’s efforts.
He said if the Arvind Kejriwal Government is committed to find a solution of sealing issue it should immediately hold a Special Session of Vidhan Sabha and pass a resolution seeking moratorium to all commercial constructions and unauthorised colonies existing as on December 31, 2017 and forward it to the Centre.
Tiwari, who is on a state visit abroad, had a teleconference discussion with senior Delhi BJP office-bearers and traders on the sealing issue.
He said the sealing issue suddenly got complicated in the Supreme Court in November, 2017 “after the Delhi Government filed an affidavit seeking two more years to even start the work on regularisation of illegal colonies and unauthorised constructions in the city. After this affidavit, the Supreme Court expressed its concern over the intentions of the Delhi Government and revived its Monitoring Committee to curb the growing menace of unauthorised construction”.
The BJP MPs and senior party leaders have met the Monitoring Committee members twice and appealed them to stop sealing in Delhi but the Chief Minister had stayed away, he added.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...