- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Transport department to set up charging stations for e-rickshaws
With an increase in the number of e-rickshaws, the Transport Department has decided to set up infrastructure, including creating sub-stations for charging the vehicles. The department will identify locations in East and West Delhi for setting up such charging stations for the electronic vehicles.
For preparing the detailed project report, the Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has been roped in. It has been asked to provide a feasibility report of the current status of e-rickshaws in Delhi and making recommendations on the measures necessary to improve and rationalise their operations as a part of public transport.
Senior officials of the State Transport Department, however, added they are framing a policy in order to have a clear regulatory framework for their operations, as Delhi has witnessed a substantial increase in the number of e-cycle rickshaws for past two years and are not registered with the department. According to the department, around 200 e-rickshaws ply without registration in the heart of Delhi.
Although e-rickshaws are plying in the city, there were very few stations in the Capital and so it has become difficult for e-rickshaws to take to the sub stations for charging. A preliminary study conducted by TERI highlighted that non-availability of setting up infrastructure i.e. setting up of substations for charging the e-vehicles remains a key barrier for the promotion of e-mobility.
They pointed out that lack of standardisation of charging infrastructure and no policy for the promotion of setting up infrastructure for charging the e-vehicles in Delhi are the key reasons behind the delay in not having a proper policy for e-vehicles.
- Come out with white paper on CSE report over DTC: Gupta to Govt 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Madhu Koda, ex-coal secy held guilty by CBI 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pvt schools not allowed to hike fees, says Govt 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Maujpur drain death case: Panel formed 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Construction in city impossible without paying bribery: Pandey 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Injured golden Jackal rescued from Sanjay Van 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DCW holds car rally in solidarity with woman beaten for helping authorities unearth liquor racket 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal writes to Puri to review Metro fare hike 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Max case: Cops write to DMA, seek its opinion 14 Dec 2017 | SR
- Govt forms 9-member expert panel 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...