Two men posing as cops rob elderly woman of her valuables
A 67-year-old woman was cheated of her valuables by fake policemen in South Delhi's Kotla Mubarakpur area on Monday night.
According to the police, Manju Sharma, a resident of South Extension 1 area was out for a walk when she was stopped by two men. They introduced themselves as police men and warned her that since many incidents of theft and snatching are happening, she should hand over her gold chain and bangles to them.
Confirming the same, Romil Baaniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) said, “On March 12, we received a PCR call at around 9:47pm from one Manju Sharma. She complained that some policemen took away her gold bangles and gold chain. The two men had allegedly introduced themselves as policemen and asked her to keep her jewellery in a paper for safety purpose and to avoid any mishappening. Later on, when she checked the paper packet in which she had placed her jewellery, she found that those two persons took away her jewellery articles and gave her another paper packet containing duplicate jewellery,”
We have registered a case of cheating at the Kotla Mubarakpur police station,” added Baaniya.
Police said that they are looking through all the CCTV cameras to ascertain the identity of those men.
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Yogi attends workshop to analyse BJP‚Äôs defeat in UP by-elections 20 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj summoned for questioning 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2 hedgehogs found in unclaimed bag at Sarai Rohilla Rly station 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- SDMC Mayor urges Rly Min to improve services on ring network 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi flyover works to be completed by August: Vardhan 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
Mother of PR dept Addl Director passes away Late Laxmibai Gupta, mother of Suresh Gupta, the Additional Director, Public Relations Department passed away here on Tuesday. She was ill for last 15 days and left for heavenly abode at the age of 91 years at Bhopal on Tuesday morning...