- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Two UP gunrunners held, 22 pistols seized
Two gunrunners hailing from Uttar Pradesh have been arrested in South Delhi and 22 countrymade pistols seized from them, police said on Thursday.
Police said Pawan Kumar and Veerpal, both aged around 28, were arrested on Wednesday evening on a tip-off when they visited the Barapulla flyover near Sarai Kale Khan bus terminus to deliver the arms.
The two men, who supplied illegal arms to various gangs and local criminals in Delhi and National Capital Region, had bought the seized pistols from Khargone in Madhya Pradesh, Deputy Commissioner of Police PK Kushwah said.
Since 2013, they had supplied around 600 illegal firearms.
The police officer said Pawan, hailing from Aligarh, was involved in 11 cases of murder, attempt to murder, robbery and arms smuggling. Uttar Pradesh Police had declared a reward of Rs 5,000 on his arrest. He had also jumped bail in a 2013 shooting case, Kushwah said.
He said Veerpal was involved in a murder case in 2013 and came in contact with Pawan in jail. Veerpal was arrested in 2016 as well for gunrunning.
Special Cell is working vigorously against the illegal Arms Peddlers since 2012. Several Arms peddlers have been arrested and large number of weapons have been recovered.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...