Two UP gunrunners held, 22 pistols seized
Two gunrunners hailing from Uttar Pradesh have been arrested in South Delhi and 22 countrymade pistols seized from them, police said on Thursday.
Police said Pawan Kumar and Veerpal, both aged around 28, were arrested on Wednesday evening on a tip-off when they visited the Barapulla flyover near Sarai Kale Khan bus terminus to deliver the arms.
The two men, who supplied illegal arms to various gangs and local criminals in Delhi and National Capital Region, had bought the seized pistols from Khargone in Madhya Pradesh, Deputy Commissioner of Police PK Kushwah said.
Since 2013, they had supplied around 600 illegal firearms.
The police officer said Pawan, hailing from Aligarh, was involved in 11 cases of murder, attempt to murder, robbery and arms smuggling. Uttar Pradesh Police had declared a reward of Rs 5,000 on his arrest. He had also jumped bail in a 2013 shooting case, Kushwah said.
He said Veerpal was involved in a murder case in 2013 and came in contact with Pawan in jail. Veerpal was arrested in 2016 as well for gunrunning.
Special Cell is working vigorously against the illegal Arms Peddlers since 2012. Several Arms peddlers have been arrested and large number of weapons have been recovered.
- Various road infra projects announced 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP: AAP less focussed on Budget, more on heaping critical comments on L-G 23 Mar 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Budget 2017-18 hollow with manipulated statistics: Maken 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rs 5,145 cr for transport sector, DTC fleet to get 1K buses 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Water supply, sewage treatment to get Rs 2,777cr 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Major relief to MCDs with Rs 6,903 cr 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Rs 6,279 cr for health sector proposed, UHIS on cards 23 Mar 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Kejriwal: Govt will take development to every house in Capital 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 26% allocated for education 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Woman hired gang to throw acid on her female partner 23 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...