Uber driver held for abusing MNC employee in Gurugram
An Uber cab driver was arrested on Friday for allegedly abusing and misbehaving with an MNC employee over the phone after the victim cancelled her booking twice.
The accused was arrested from Ghaziabad, (Uttar Pradesh). The police have booked him under Sections 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) at the Sushant Lok police station.
Earlier, on Wednesday the MNC employee alleged in her complaint to the police that on Wednesday late night she had booked an Uber cab from her office located at Golf Course Road. She wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Sector 15 area in Gurugram.
She had cancelled her booking twice as the driver was talking to someone else in a suspicious manner on the phone.
Later the cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing her and also threatened her with dire consequences. Soon after the incident she immediately informed the police.
On Thursday the police had filed an FIR against the accused driver and arrested him from Ghaziabad.
“The driver was angry as the complainant cancelled her booking twice,” Gaurav Phogat, Station House Officer (SHO), Sushant Lok police station, said.
- CBSE initiative helping girl students crack JEE-Mains 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal approves redrawing of zonal boundaries under NMC 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Hospital vendors to be paid within 30 days of billing: Delhi Govt 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Postings racket: Court extends CBI custody of all 4 accused by 3 days 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AIIMS to make cheaper diagnostic tests free 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- More underpasses, flyovers to unclog Gurugram traffic 17 Aug 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Tata Power-DDL wins solar innovation, excellence award 2017 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Nepalese man killed by brother over money 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cong expels block prez, ex-councillor for indulging in anti-party activities 17 Aug 2017 | SR
- Four held for theft of phones, laptops; police claim to solve 50 cases 17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
On the occasion of 71st Independence Day, a delegation from 10 nations of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) led by Ram Madhav (Director, India Foundation) visited Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya. The Independence Day celebrations commenced with hosting of the national flag by Ram Madhav and Prof Sarit Kumar Chaudhuri (Director, IGRMS) followed by National Anthem...