- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Uber driver held for abusing MNC employee in Gurugram
An Uber cab driver was arrested on Friday for allegedly abusing and misbehaving with an MNC employee over the phone after the victim cancelled her booking twice.
The accused was arrested from Ghaziabad, (Uttar Pradesh). The police have booked him under Sections 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) at the Sushant Lok police station.
Earlier, on Wednesday the MNC employee alleged in her complaint to the police that on Wednesday late night she had booked an Uber cab from her office located at Golf Course Road. She wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Sector 15 area in Gurugram.
She had cancelled her booking twice as the driver was talking to someone else in a suspicious manner on the phone.
Later the cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing her and also threatened her with dire consequences. Soon after the incident she immediately informed the police.
On Thursday the police had filed an FIR against the accused driver and arrested him from Ghaziabad.
“The driver was angry as the complainant cancelled her booking twice,” Gaurav Phogat, Station House Officer (SHO), Sushant Lok police station, said.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...