- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Uber driver held for abusing MNC employee in Gurugram
An Uber cab driver was arrested on Friday for allegedly abusing and misbehaving with an MNC employee over the phone after the victim cancelled her booking twice.
The accused was arrested from Ghaziabad, (Uttar Pradesh). The police have booked him under Sections 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) at the Sushant Lok police station.
Earlier, on Wednesday the MNC employee alleged in her complaint to the police that on Wednesday late night she had booked an Uber cab from her office located at Golf Course Road. She wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Sector 15 area in Gurugram.
She had cancelled her booking twice as the driver was talking to someone else in a suspicious manner on the phone.
Later the cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing her and also threatened her with dire consequences. Soon after the incident she immediately informed the police.
On Thursday the police had filed an FIR against the accused driver and arrested him from Ghaziabad.
“The driver was angry as the complainant cancelled her booking twice,” Gaurav Phogat, Station House Officer (SHO), Sushant Lok police station, said.
- Man shot dead, Tilu-Gogi gang rivalry suspected 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SP ‚Äėinaugurates‚Äô Gzb elevated road before Yogi 17 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
- CISF launches Umang app to help flyers track lost belongings 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CRPF holds workshop on psychiatric diseases 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC releases handbook for primary teachers 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Focus of Central Govt is to transform primary healthcare centres: Min 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNU prof booked for sexual harassment 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old man dies, five hurt after house catches fire 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IndiGo, Spice Jet to partially shift operations to T2 from March 25 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New supplementary exam rules leave students' future at stake 17 Mar 2018 | Abhinav Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...