- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
University woos Indians for green pasture in US
When it comes to study abroad, big names like Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard naturally comes in one's mind, but if one fails to cut through high benchmark required for entering these one need not be disheartened because Universities like Auburn in the United States can help in realising their dreams. Established way back in 1856, Auburn university is among the top 100 national universities in the United States according to US News & World report, 2017.
J Emmett Winn, Professor and Associate Provost Auburn University said that though State funding have decreased over the years for almost all public funded universities in the US but still the funding levels are pretty stable. He said that after Donald Trump came to power immigration policy have caused concern among students. "Presidential position on immigration causes concern among students globally. But students visa's have not been affected so we have not seen any big change in terms of students," said Winn.
He told that there was some decrease in number of applicants from China but no downward trend is observed in number of students applying from India. Auburn offers courses in engineering including that in Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering, Agriculture, science and mathematics etc.
- Will revive Gzb‚Äôs industrial character: Yogi 19 Nov 2017 | SP Singh
- Varsities need to innovate: Prez at DU Convocation 19 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to merge 73 routes to enhance bus frequency 19 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Boyfriend held after ‚Äėsex on pretext of marriage‚Äô complaint 19 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 1 dies after being hit by vehicle on South Extension flyover 19 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Haryana gets 13 traffic police booths on NH 48 19 Nov 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Modi Govt cares less for future, focuses on past more: Dy CM 19 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- DCW issues notice to police over illegal liquor sale in Holambi Kalan, Jahangirpuri 19 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Give lesser sermons to kids: Sisodia 19 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- Air quality in Delhi improves, NGT defers decision on odd-even 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...