- Five killed after gunmen storm luxury hotel in Kabul
- AAI to raise funds to meet capital expenditure requirements
- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
University woos Indians for green pasture in US
When it comes to study abroad, big names like Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard naturally comes in one's mind, but if one fails to cut through high benchmark required for entering these one need not be disheartened because Universities like Auburn in the United States can help in realising their dreams. Established way back in 1856, Auburn university is among the top 100 national universities in the United States according to US News & World report, 2017.
J Emmett Winn, Professor and Associate Provost Auburn University said that though State funding have decreased over the years for almost all public funded universities in the US but still the funding levels are pretty stable. He said that after Donald Trump came to power immigration policy have caused concern among students. "Presidential position on immigration causes concern among students globally. But students visa's have not been affected so we have not seen any big change in terms of students," said Winn.
He told that there was some decrease in number of applicants from China but no downward trend is observed in number of students applying from India. Auburn offers courses in engineering including that in Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering, Agriculture, science and mathematics etc.
- Diesel cess to fund study on air pollution impact on health 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-yr-old rapes minor, arrested 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Farrukhnagar gangrape: Both accused nabbed 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM urges L-G to expedite pharmacists‚Äô recruitment 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Robbery case solved with arrest of two snatchers 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC, NMC seal 140 commercial properties 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders shut shops against sealing 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM must seek fresh mandate: Gupta 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM has no right to be in power: Maken 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC refuses interim relief to AAP MLAs 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
21 Jan 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Cold wave conditions persisted on Saturday in most parts of north India with the mercury further dropping in Kashmir and high-altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh recording sub-zero temperatures. Normal life remained hit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kargil as the minimum there settled at minus 19...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Congress party exhibited a strong fight in the Madhya Pradesh civic polls by winning nine presidential posts in 19 civic bodies on Saturday, tying with the BJP, which too won equal numbers. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's charisma could not help the BJP take over the Congress citadel of Raghogarh, hometown of AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh...