Vector-borne diseases: NMC initiates awareness drive
Intensifying its efforts to keep the menace under check, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has stepped up awareness drive, including through distribution of pamphlets and plying of vehicles carrying loudspeakers, issuing dos and don'ts on prevention of vector-borne diseases.
North Municipal Corporation in its advisory issued on Monday advised people to wear full sleeve clothes to avoid mosquito bites with children needs to be given special care. "Those using coolers must get the fitting of the mesh above the water level and the new users should get dengue-free coolers. Water coolers must be cleaned at regular intervals," it said.
Preety Agarwal, the Mayor of North Corporation said the incidents of mosquito vector-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue and malaria can be minimised by taking simple precautions and measures.
The Mayor further added that these diseases bring great suffering to the patient and also to their family members while it can easily be prevented. "We need public participation to curtail the menace as civic agencies alone cannot fight this war," she said.
The Mayor also advised residents to contact the regarding district heath officer (DHO) of their zone in case of any problem.
- Extend exemption granted to illegal constructions: Delhi BJP to Centre 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IWPC flags police apathy in ITO molestation case 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Night shelters bring comfort to homeless in city 21 Nov 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- Spurt in vector-borne disease exposes civic bodies' apathy, feel residents 21 Nov 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- EDMC ropes in IIT-Delhi to stabilise Ghazipur Landfill 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Air quality slips to ‚Äėred' zone again 21 Nov 2017 | Sapna Singh
- JNU‚Äôs School of Biotech devises methodology for water-based herbicides 21 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- DDA allots 12 acres of land in Rohini for new bus depot 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Engineer held at IGIA for thrashing Indigo staff 21 Nov 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- 50 phones,11 sim cards, 11 chargers, batteries recovered in Bhondsi jail 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
DG of SCOPE visits HEC Director General of Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) Dr U D Choubey visited HEC Ltd on Monday and had interaction with HEC CMD Avijit Ghosh and senior officials. A presentation was made before Dr Choubey about HEC highlighting the activities and prestigious orders carried out by HEC...