Vector-borne diseases: NMC initiates awareness drive
Intensifying its efforts to keep the menace under check, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has stepped up awareness drive, including through distribution of pamphlets and plying of vehicles carrying loudspeakers, issuing dos and don'ts on prevention of vector-borne diseases.
North Municipal Corporation in its advisory issued on Monday advised people to wear full sleeve clothes to avoid mosquito bites with children needs to be given special care. "Those using coolers must get the fitting of the mesh above the water level and the new users should get dengue-free coolers. Water coolers must be cleaned at regular intervals," it said.
Preety Agarwal, the Mayor of North Corporation said the incidents of mosquito vector-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue and malaria can be minimised by taking simple precautions and measures.
The Mayor further added that these diseases bring great suffering to the patient and also to their family members while it can easily be prevented. "We need public participation to curtail the menace as civic agencies alone cannot fight this war," she said.
The Mayor also advised residents to contact the regarding district heath officer (DHO) of their zone in case of any problem.
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- G‚Äôgram launches sanitation app Swachh Map 23 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Sisodia accuses Baijal of blocking Govt‚Äôs higher education loan scheme 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two-day job fair at Thyagaraj Stadium from November 7 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Tight security for G‚Äôgram civic polls on Sept 24 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CM reviews schemes for SCs, STs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Society must create awareness on crime against women 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Sep 2017 | PNS | New Delhi
Migraine week at Orchid Orchid Medical Centre observed Migraine Week last week during which senior Neurologist Dr Ujjwal Roy gave free treatment to 54 migraine affected patients and said that if someone has long time headache or he has undergone changes in it, must consult a doctor as it could be secondary headache. He said that treatment from Botox injection could lead to 90 per cent release from migraine...