Vector-borne diseases: NMC initiates awareness drive
Intensifying its efforts to keep the menace under check, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has stepped up awareness drive, including through distribution of pamphlets and plying of vehicles carrying loudspeakers, issuing dos and don'ts on prevention of vector-borne diseases.
North Municipal Corporation in its advisory issued on Monday advised people to wear full sleeve clothes to avoid mosquito bites with children needs to be given special care. "Those using coolers must get the fitting of the mesh above the water level and the new users should get dengue-free coolers. Water coolers must be cleaned at regular intervals," it said.
Preety Agarwal, the Mayor of North Corporation said the incidents of mosquito vector-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue and malaria can be minimised by taking simple precautions and measures.
The Mayor further added that these diseases bring great suffering to the patient and also to their family members while it can easily be prevented. "We need public participation to curtail the menace as civic agencies alone cannot fight this war," she said.
The Mayor also advised residents to contact the regarding district heath officer (DHO) of their zone in case of any problem.
- Trend of ignoring mother languages by terming them dialect: NCERT prof 22 Feb 2018 | Abhinav Singh
- ‚ÄėWestern neighbour behind influx of Bangladeshis into N-E‚Äô 22 Feb 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Kidnapped 14-yr-old girl rescued in 24 hrs from Rajasthan 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Class VII student of Gurugram school threatens to rape teacher, her minor daughter in FB post 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Man films girl while bathing, held 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia approves setting-up of Ist Innovation Centre for city 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP demands police action against Kejriwal, Sisodia 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Business as usual at Secretariat 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dalit, Muslim MLAs targeted: AAP 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal submits report to MHA 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Nishatpura police have booked six persons for assaulting a 26-year-old youth near Munmun marriage hall late in the evening on Tuesday. The victim Anil Mongia was beaten brutally after having a dispute with Suraj over playing DJ at the marriage venue...