Vector-borne diseases: NMC initiates awareness drive
Intensifying its efforts to keep the menace under check, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has stepped up awareness drive, including through distribution of pamphlets and plying of vehicles carrying loudspeakers, issuing dos and don'ts on prevention of vector-borne diseases.
North Municipal Corporation in its advisory issued on Monday advised people to wear full sleeve clothes to avoid mosquito bites with children needs to be given special care. "Those using coolers must get the fitting of the mesh above the water level and the new users should get dengue-free coolers. Water coolers must be cleaned at regular intervals," it said.
Preety Agarwal, the Mayor of North Corporation said the incidents of mosquito vector-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue and malaria can be minimised by taking simple precautions and measures.
The Mayor further added that these diseases bring great suffering to the patient and also to their family members while it can easily be prevented. "We need public participation to curtail the menace as civic agencies alone cannot fight this war," she said.
The Mayor also advised residents to contact the regarding district heath officer (DHO) of their zone in case of any problem.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...