- UP BJP MLA dies in road crash on way to Investors' Summit
- PNB fraud: Centre opposes plea for SIT probe, says probe on
- SC stays criminal proceedings against Priya Varrier, director
- CBI arrests PNB General Manager in $1.8 bn fraud case
- Chief Secretary row: Delhi Police questions CM's advisor
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Kothari
- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Wanted criminal carrying reward on his head held from Rajasthan
A 53-year-old, carrying a reward on his head, allegedly accused in murder of a person has been arrested by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police from Rajasthan on Tuesday.
Dr G Ram Gopal Naik Deputy Commsioner of Police, Crime Branch Stars and STF Dr G Ram Gopal Naik said the accused has been identified as Kundu Swami, a resident of Wazirpur, Delhi.
“Swami had two major cases registered against him in Delhi. He murdered his rival gangster Shravan Kumar to maintain his supremacy in the area. Accordingly, case under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code and under Delhi Excise Act was registered at Bharat Nagar police station in north west Delhi and investigation was taken up. Before that he was involved in many heinous crimes,” the DCP said.
Swami has twelve cases registered against him at Ashok Vihar police station, two in Bharat Nagar Police Station and one in Keshav Puram police station respectively.
Last year, he got arrested under Excise Act section but later he got bail. When he was out, he committed murder and since then he was absconding, added the DCP.
Due to his alleged involvement in several cases and being absconding from more than a year, he was declared a proclaimed offender and a cash reward of Rs. 25000 was announced on his arrest by Delhi Police.
During investigation of his whereabouts, the police team formed to trace him, received a credible information about presence of Narayan who was identified as a close aide of Kundu Swami.
On Tuesday, Narayan was arrested from Nala Pusta Road, Near Bhalaswa Landfill on GT Karnal Road bypass. During interrogation Narayna disclosed some important details about Swami and his claims were verified by the local intelligence. This led to the details of whereabouts of Swami and it was revealed that Swami was hiding in Swai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Immediately a team was deployed to Rajasthan and a raid was conducted at his hideout.
“On sensing police presence he tried to flee but he was overpowered by the police personnel. He was arrested under section 41.1 A (police may arrest without warrant) of Code of Criminal Procedure.
On preliminary interrogation, Swami revealed that after murdering Shravan he along with his son Satish Kumar fled from the city. When a team of police reached at his house, cartons filled with illicit liquor were recovered.
However, two days back Swami's son Satish Kumar was arrested while carrying twenty two cartons of illicit liquor, the DCP said.
Swami's father was also involved in smuggling of liquor and in various offences. Following his father's footsteps Swami also got indulged in smuggling of liquor, the DCP said.
- Trend of ignoring mother languages by terming them dialect: NCERT prof 22 Feb 2018 | Abhinav Singh
- ‚ÄėWestern neighbour behind influx of Bangladeshis into N-E‚Äô 22 Feb 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Kidnapped 14-yr-old girl rescued in 24 hrs from Rajasthan 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Class VII student of Gurugram school threatens to rape teacher, her minor daughter in FB post 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Man films girl while bathing, held 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia approves setting-up of Ist Innovation Centre for city 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP demands police action against Kejriwal, Sisodia 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Business as usual at Secretariat 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dalit, Muslim MLAs targeted: AAP 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal submits report to MHA 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A delegation of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur of West Bengal, visited State Happiness Institute today. The delegation members received information about the activities of the institute...