- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Woman assaulted by 2 in S Delhi
A woman was allegedly sexually assaulted by two bike- borne men outside the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (ISIC) in South Delhi’s Nangal Dawat Vasant Kunj road on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, South district, Chinmay Biswal said a case has been registered and on the instance of the complainant, the accused Sahil Bagga, whom the woman suspected to be behind the sexual assault, was brought to the Vasant Kunj (South) Police Station for questioning.
The woman alleged that while she was waiting at the bus stop near ISIC for her cab, the bike borne men came to her and tried dragging her to the bushes but when she resisted the men allegedly thrashed the woman and fled from the spot.
During investigation, it was learnt that the woman had filed a rape case against the accused Sahil earlier this year in Greater Noida on allegations that he had raped her on the pretext of marriage. In that particular case, the accused was arrested and was granted bail, police said.
“It has also been learnt that in 2013, the woman had registered a case of outraging modesty against another person at the Malviya Nagar Police Station and a chargesheet has been filed in the case which is pending trial. It has also been learnt from a perusal of records of Vasant kunj South Police Station that the complainant had got another case of stalking and outraging of modesty against two other persons in 2016, which has also been chargesheeted and is pending trial,” said the Additional DCP.
Biswal added, “Other relevant facts pertaining to the incident are being verified and further investigation in the matter is on.”
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...