Woman booked for pouring boiling milk on her husband
The Gurugram police has booked a woman for allegedly pouring boiling milk on her husband on Sunday night after she had a fight with him. The woman had strained relationship with her husband as she wanted to live in Chandigarh with her relatives whereas the man identified as Joginder Singh was not willing to do so, the victim told police.
The two had frequent fights over this matter and on Sunday night, the accused identified as Mukesh poured a utensil filled with hot boiling milk on her husband due to which he suffered severe burn injuries.
Police said a case against the accused has been registered at Bajghera police station under section 326 A and 506 IPC. Sub-Inspector Harkesh Kumar, the investigating officer (IO), said Singh has suffered serious burn injuries due to which he was shifted to Safdarjung hospital for further treatment.
According to the victim's statement before police, "He was sleeping on Sunday night, when around 1.30 am his wife suddenly came and poured hot milk on him causing serious burn injuries to him.
He also said his wife wanted to kill him as she wanted to shift to Chandigarh to live with her relatives but he was not ready to do so. The victim also alleged that his wife had been fighting with him to sell the house in Gurugram so that they could shift to Chandigarh", the IO said.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...