Woman prof raped, filmed by friend
A woman professor has alleged that she was raped by her friend, who also filmed the incident and uploaded it on social media, the police said on Friday.
The incident took place on December 26 last year when Shubam Verma asked the victim to meet him at a guest house in Sector 26, on the pretext of marrying her the next day, they said.
“The accused also made an MMS clip, and uploaded it on social media,” a police official said.
The woman, hailing from Rajasthan’s Sikar district, is a professor at a medical college in Kanpur and was friends with Verma since college days.
Verma, who was also a resident of Sikar, now works in the United States. He had come to India last month on a 15-day holiday, the official informed.
A case has been registered, and while the woman has been sent for medical examination, police said probe has been launched to nab the accused.
- 5-foot-long royal snake rescued from Assembly; 2nd this year 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City plans to grow vertical gardens on flyovers pillars 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari stages dharna near proposed landfill site 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make effort to get best ranking, 3 Municipal Commissioners told 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Power of legislation being encroached by L-G: Ram to LS Speaker 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Govt to schools: Stop students from using plastic covers on notebooks 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Furious at kids playing outside his shop, trader throws acid on 11-yr-old who is battling for life 26 Apr 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- 6L students write economics retest 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Initiate probe against rape accused prof: HC to JNU 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Vijay Goel launches ‚ÄėSave Old Delhi Heritage‚Äô campaign 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...