- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
HEALTH & FITNESS
Apollo Hospitals ties up with RMS Regrow for cell-based therapy
Apollo Hospitals has partnered with Mumbai-based Regenerative Medical Services (RMS) Regrow to offer a safe and cost-effective cell therapy for cartilage and bone problems for the first time in India.
The partnership will make the cell-based treatment available across all 40 centres of Apollo Hospitals, including Apollo Spectra Hospitals and Apollo clinics in India, the hospital chain said at an event here on Monday.
RMS Regrow, the first "Make in India" company in cell therapy technology, has two treatments: Chondron ACI for knees or cartilage problems and Ossron Autologous Osteoblast Implantation (ABI) for hip joints.
"Nearly 65-70 per cent of people above the age of 40 experience joint problems. The cell therapy may help postpone the need for a replacement surgery and with proper rehabilitation it will also enable a patient to resume normal routine in nearly three months," Prathap C Reddy, Founder-Chairman of Apollo Hospitals told the media.
With the cell-therapy technique, damage to the cartilage can be repaired after the new cultured cartilage is put back into one's knees.
However, for individuals at an advanced stage of osteoarthritis, replacement surgeries will be the best mode of treatment as their cartilages may not be able to regrow.
"Both Ossron and Chondron are efficient in treating a young arthritic knee with sports injuries, accidents and can is an alternative treatment to hip replacements or knee replacements," said Satyen Sanghavi, Chief Scientific Officer at RMS Regrow.
"In the future, the cell therapy-based treatment can also be extended to lengthening of limbs or bones or for maxillofacial defects (defects of the head and neck)," he added.
The company also received a market authorisation approval from the Drug Controller General of India (DGCI) in April this year.
Further, the treatment cost "in India, will be Rs 3.5-4 lakh per patient, which is less than 10 per cent of the cost abroad and will be available in all our hospitals in six months," Reddy said.
- This AI tool may accelerate diagnosis of eye diseases, pneumonia 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Testing tears may help in early diagnosis of Parkinson's 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Depression may reduce arginine levels in your body 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- This fertility hormone may help older women conceive 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Social media use may affect teenagers' real life relationships 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Congenital heart disease may up risk of early dementia 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Low-fat diet as effective as low-carb for losing weight 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Heavy drinking biggest risk factor for dementia: Lancet 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Two new vaccines may be effective in preventing TB: Study 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Vaccination certificate soon to be must for school admission in Kerala 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...