- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
HEALTH & FITNESS
HIV/AIDS escalates amongst Sri Lankan youth
The Sri Lankan health ministry on Thursday warned that the number of HIV/AIDS cases was escalating among the youth in the island nation.
Quoting the ministry, sources said health authorities had identified some 160 people diagnosed with HIV-AIDS this year alone, Xinhua news agency reported.
National STD Eradication Unit Director Sisira Liyanage asserted that the majority of these victims were between the age group of 25 and 45.
The ministry said the spread of the disease was also due to the use of drugs, homosexuality and immigration.
Over 228 people diagnosed with HIV AIDS were identified in 2014, Liyanage added.
According to UNAIDS data, as of 2014, the total number of Sri Lankans living with HIV/AIDS was 3,300 and deaths were accounted at 200.
- Brain activity buffers against worsening anxiety 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Parents' lifestyle can affect your health even in adulthood 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Gut bacteria linked to multiple sclerosis 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Tree-lined neighbourhood may help in reducing asthma risk 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
- New findings may improve chemotherapy in cancer treatment 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Stressed? You could be making risky decisions 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Heavy drinking and smoking can make you look older 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Bisexual women are more prone to sexual assault 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Father's depression may affect mental health in teens 16 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Eating pistachios, peanuts may boost mental skills, memory 16 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...