HEALTH & FITNESS
New cancer-fighting nanorobots to shrink tumours
In a major advancement in nanomedicine, an international team of scientists has successfully programmed nanorobots for the first time in mammals, that potentially shrinks tumours by cutting off their blood supply.
- Nipah scare: No need to panic; adopt good hygiene practices 26 May 2018 | IANS
- Alcohol may worsen condition of heart failure patients 26 May 2018 | IANS
- Docs perform open heart surgery on 3 weeks old girl 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Can Facebook help young adults quit smoking? 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Milk intake may cut metabolic syndrome risk in obese kids 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Private hospitals remain shut in Odisha 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Learning physics may activate new brain areas 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Women more likely to have thyroid disorder: Experts 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Long-term antidepressant use may up obesity risk 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Weight loss surgery can reduce risk of skin cancer: Study 25 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
27 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
The Nipah virus mystery deepened on Saturday as the samples collected from bats in Kerala’s Kozhikode and Malappuram districts, where 13 people have died of the infection, have tested negative for the virus. A report submitted by a central medical team to the Union Health Ministry also ruled out pigs to be the primary source of the virus...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan remained in the midst of villagers of Pachore, Lachore and Bhadakui of Nasrullaganj tehsil till Friday midnight during his Vikas Yatra in Sehore district. The Chief Minister held a direct dialogue with the villagers during the Jan-Samvad programme and gave information to them about the public welfare schemes...