HEALTH & FITNESS
Over 20 lakh children given pulse polio drops across J&K
Over 20 lakh children below the age of five years were administered pulse polio drops at 11,527 booths across Jammu and Kashmir, officials said today.
A total of 20,17,178 children were covered under the second round of the Intensified Pulse Police Immunization (IPPI) programme, an official spokesman said today.
He said Health Minister Bali Bhagat kick-started the drive from the Government Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, here by administering polio drops to children this morning.
In the first phase on January 28, polio drops were administered to 19,68,183 children across the state.
The minister reiterated the commitment of the health department in keeping the state polio-free. "Although there are no cases of polio in the state since 2010, the efforts for eradication need to be sustained in view of risk from neighbouring countries," he said.
- Mindful movement may lower stress, anxiety 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- 4 cups of coffee daily may boost heart functions in elderly 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Overweight in middle age linked to low breast cancer risk 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- New treatment facility for hazardous industrial waste in Delhi 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Packet tea consumption rising in India: Study 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Weight loss may reverse effects of heart rhythm disorder 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Common white pigment linked to diabetes: study 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Yoga's full potential should be harnessed to reduce NCD-related deaths: WHO 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Doctors make room for yoga asanas in prescriptions 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- How to buy the right yoga mat? 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...