- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
British Army contingent arrives in India for joint exercise
A British Army contingent of over a hundred personnel arrived here today to take part in the Indo-UK joint military exercise Ajeya Warrior 2017.
The contingent after landing proceeded directly to the exercise location in Mahajan in the western sector of the state where the exercise will commence from December 1.
Indian Army officials received them at the Sanganer airport, defence spokesperson Lt Col Manish Ojha said.
This will be the third joint military exercise between the two countries.
Army personnel from both the countries will participate in the 14-day exercise which is scheduled to be conducted in multiple modes in order to achieve complete integration between the two contingents at every stage.
"The exercise will provide field commanders and troops an opportunity to interact with each other in matters professional, social and cultural," Ojha said.
"The aim of the exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army-to-Army relations and enhance interoperability while exchanging skills and experience between the royal British Army and the Indian Army," he said.
The participating troops for the exercise from Indian Army are from 20th Battalion The Rajputana Rifles, while the troops of 1st Battalion the Royal Anglican Regiment will participate from the Royal British Army.
- Ghanaian think tank condemns deportation of Indian businessman 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India biggest strategic opportunity for US: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian-origin former McKinsey partner in US gets 2-year jail in fraud case 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Can't expect India to go cold turkey on Russian arms: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India committed to strengthening ties with Nepal: Prez Kovind 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Choose France, Macron tells India's youths and entrepreneurs 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gender equality of rural women a key driver of inclusive growth: India 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Pakistan apprehended 1,373 fishermen during 2015-18: Govt 14 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Fate of India-US two-plus-two dialogue hangs in balance 14 Mar 2018 | PTI
- UK to raise concern over British Sikh held in Indian jail at ‚Äúsenior levels‚ÄĚ 14 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...