- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
India can help in resolving N Korea crisis: US commander
A top American commander feels that India can play a role in defusing the North Korean crisis by helping the leadership in Pyongyang to understand the seriousness of the threat posed by its nuclear programme.
Admiral Harry Harris, commander of the US Pacific Command, says it is for India to decide on what kind of role it wants to play.
"I think India's voice is a loud voice, that people pay attention to. So, I think that India could help North Korea, perhaps, understand the seriousness by which the United States views that threat," Harris says.
Tensions have risen since North Korea tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July.
India along with the international community condemned the North Korean missile tests and has been implementing the sanctions imposed against it by the US.
Early this year, India suspended its trade links with North Korea, a move which was praised by the Trump administration.
- Tight security in Amritsar ahead of Trudeau visit 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Pak summons Indian diplomat over death of 8-year-old boy in cross-border firing 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Highly-skilled Indian professionals step up UK protests 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Amarinder to meet Trudeau in Amritsar 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Sikh Uber driver held at gunpoint by passenger in US 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Indian-origin officer may become Britain's anti-terror police chief 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Get over yourself for Indian cinema's progress: KJo to filmmakers 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Indian-American seeks re-election to city council in Texas 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Six Indian Americans win Gates Cambridge scholarship 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Indian-American teacher hailed for saving students during Florida shooting 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said that the fight in Madhya Pradesh is not between BJP and Congress but the ruling party against the citizens. Before participating in the Samajik Chetna rally, talking to media persons here on Monday, Patel said, “Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh is called Mama (uncle) but we don’t want a Shakuni Mama...