- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Indian-origin archdeacon appointed Bishop of Bradwell in UK
An Indian-origin archdeacon in the UK has been appointed as area Bishop of Bradwell in the Church of England's Diocese of Chelmsford.
John Perumbalath, a former priest in the united Church of North India's Diocese of Calcutta, was nominated by the Queen as the sixth Bishop of Bradwell, the British Home ministry said.
He succeeds late Bishop John Wraw, who passed away in July, 2017 after serving as Bishop since 2012.
Perumbalath, 52, has been archdeacon of Barking in the Diocese of Chelmsford since 2013.
Perumbalath hails from the ancient Syrian Christian community in Kerala and trained for ministry at Union Biblical Seminary in Pune.
Before his ordination, he worked as a youth worker among university students for two years and as a theological educator for three years.
He was a parish priest in the diocese of Calcutta (Church of North India) from 1995 to 2001. He served on the General Synod of CNI and on its Theological Commission.
Perumbalath said, "I am humbled and honoured to have been invited to be the next Bishop of Bradwell."
"It has been a great joy to share in the life of Barking Episcopal Area in the last five years and I look forward to the new opportunities and challenges that serving the Church in the Bradwell Episcopal Area will bring.
“I am passionate about the Christian faith that can transform individuals, communities and institutions, and about communicating that faith through pastoral care, teaching and community engagement," he said.
- UK-US firms create largest genomics project to study Indian population 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian-American gives USD 5 mn to US-based varsity 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India, US two-plus-two meeting postponed 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 'Trump admin looking to work with India on Rohingya issue' 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Ghanaian think tank condemns deportation of Indian businessman 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India biggest strategic opportunity for US: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian-origin former McKinsey partner in US gets 2-year jail in fraud case 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Can't expect India to go cold turkey on Russian arms: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India committed to strengthening ties with Nepal: Prez Kovind 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Choose France, Macron tells India's youths and entrepreneurs 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...