- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Pakistan apprehended 1,373 fishermen during 2015-18: Govt
Pakistan apprehended 1,373 fishermen during 2015-18, the government today informed the Lok Sabha.
In a written response to a question in the Lok Sabha, V K Singh, Minister of State in the external affairs ministry, said Iran held 252 Indian fishermen during 2015-18, mostly from Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Kerala.
Sri Lanka apprehended 744 Indian fishermen and and released 708 fishermen during 2015-16.
Bangaladesh too apprehended 350 Indian fishemen in 2015 and 2016.
The Indian fishermen were apprehended, primarily, for allegedly fishing in the waters of these countries.
Qatar apprehended 108 Indian fishermen during 2015-18, but all were released.
In 2015 and 2016, the United Kingdom apprehended 42 Indian fishermen, but they were later released.
In response to another question on re-starting the dialogue process between India and Pakistan, Singh said the onus to restart the talks with Pakistan lies on it.
"Any meaningful dialogue can be held only in an atmosphere free of terror, hostility and violence. Onus is on Pakistan to create such a conducive atmosphere," he said.
- UK-US firms create largest genomics project to study Indian population 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian-American gives USD 5 mn to US-based varsity 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India, US two-plus-two meeting postponed 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 'Trump admin looking to work with India on Rohingya issue' 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Ghanaian think tank condemns deportation of Indian businessman 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India biggest strategic opportunity for US: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian-origin former McKinsey partner in US gets 2-year jail in fraud case 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Can't expect India to go cold turkey on Russian arms: Pentagon 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India committed to strengthening ties with Nepal: Prez Kovind 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Choose France, Macron tells India's youths and entrepreneurs 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...