LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
A game-changing policy for the aviation sector
This refers to the editorial, “Let's fly high, fly cheap” (June 17). The National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) can be a game-changer for the Indian aviation sector. Evidently, the Government has planned a grand revival of small and non-functional airports in two-tier and three-tier cities going by its thrust on Regional Connectivity Scheme. The need of the hour is to go the whole hog to expeditiously start plying flights from non-functional airports and augment the existing flight capacity in small airports across India so that small town fliers make use of the provision in a big way.
Offering small levy to domestic carriers, and exempting them from landing and parking charges, is keeping in tune with the aim to make good the loss suffered by them. Passengers' biggest pain are sky-high cancellation charges and exorbitant baggage fare not to mention about the delay and cancellation issues. Much to the relief of the passengers, the NCAP covers all these areas and the provision to limit cancellation charges below the base fare is salutary.
- Change habits 21 Apr 2018 | Arun
- Nothing new 21 Apr 2018 | Jayatheertha SA
- Hypocrisy unveiled 21 Apr 2018 | M Ratan
- Remonetisation will take time, patience is the key 21 Apr 2018 | Shreyans Jain
- Cashless dream 20 Apr 2018 | Mahesh Kumar
- Thinking differently 20 Apr 2018 | VS Jayaraman
- Spread the word 20 Apr 2018 | Arun
- Politics over cash crunch was bound to happen 20 Apr 2018 | JS Acharya
- Power politics 19 Apr 2018 | KV Seetharamaiah
- Dubious propaganda 19 Apr 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...