LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
A game-changing policy for the aviation sector
This refers to the editorial, “Let's fly high, fly cheap” (June 17). The National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) can be a game-changer for the Indian aviation sector. Evidently, the Government has planned a grand revival of small and non-functional airports in two-tier and three-tier cities going by its thrust on Regional Connectivity Scheme. The need of the hour is to go the whole hog to expeditiously start plying flights from non-functional airports and augment the existing flight capacity in small airports across India so that small town fliers make use of the provision in a big way.
Offering small levy to domestic carriers, and exempting them from landing and parking charges, is keeping in tune with the aim to make good the loss suffered by them. Passengers' biggest pain are sky-high cancellation charges and exorbitant baggage fare not to mention about the delay and cancellation issues. Much to the relief of the passengers, the NCAP covers all these areas and the provision to limit cancellation charges below the base fare is salutary.
- Dark past 22 Jun 2017 | M Ratan
- Ace shuttler 22 Jun 2017 | Devendra Khurana
- Blinders on 22 Jun 2017 | Sagar Singh
- President-select 22 Jun 2017 | MC Joshi
- Outgoing President’s conscientious term 22 Jun 2017 | Kajal Chaterjee
- Loan freebie 21 Jun 2017 | Mahesh Kapsi
- Indian response 21 Jun 2017 | NK Das Gupta
- Taking responsibility 21 Jun 2017 | Madhu Agrawal
- GST regime welcome, but prices must be checked 21 Jun 2017 | Ajit Nambiar
- Bodily well-being 20 Jun 2017 | TS Karthik
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Bhopalites would witness a mild evening of devotional songs and classical music at Dushyant Kumar Memorial Museum of Manuscript. The event Aradhna will be held at the museum on Thursday...