LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Sir — This refers to the editorial, “Salahuddin hypocrisy” (July 5). Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin in a television interview has admitted to have carried out terror attacks on Indian soil. He operates out of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and openly exposed Pakistan’s role in terror attacks in India and added that he “can strike anytime, anywhere in India”.
Nevertheless, the media in Pakistan and also its Government, instead of accepting Salahuddin’s crimes, are lamenting and questioning the US for declaring him a ‘global terrorist’ because of malicious agenda of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Salahuddin, who was recently designated as a global terrorist by the US, is still roaming free in Pakistan and his free movement is a challenge that the Americans can ignore only at their own peril. While US President Donald Trump’s predecessor Barack Obama had failed to take any action against another dreaded terrorist, Hafiz Saeed, one can only hope that Trump would do better. Mere bumper sticker of a global terrorist is not enough.
There has to be action on the ground which India must relentlessly pursue along with the Trump Administration. The hypocrisy of modern day politics is difficult to understand. How much of Trump’s rhetoric was genuine and sincere and how much was mere lip service would be known only in due course.
- Change habits 21 Apr 2018 | Arun
- Nothing new 21 Apr 2018 | Jayatheertha SA
- Hypocrisy unveiled 21 Apr 2018 | M Ratan
- Remonetisation will take time, patience is the key 21 Apr 2018 | Shreyans Jain
- Cashless dream 20 Apr 2018 | Mahesh Kumar
- Thinking differently 20 Apr 2018 | VS Jayaraman
- Spread the word 20 Apr 2018 | Arun
- Politics over cash crunch was bound to happen 20 Apr 2018 | JS Acharya
- Power politics 19 Apr 2018 | KV Seetharamaiah
- Dubious propaganda 19 Apr 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...