- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
MORE LETTERS TO THE EDITOR NEWS
- Politicians missing out on photo-ops, strange! 05 Dec 2016 | Madhu Agrawal
- Intimidating Mamata 05 Dec 2016 | G David Milton
- Reach out 05 Dec 2016 | Bal Govind
- Welcome crackdown 05 Dec 2016 | Tharcius S Fernando
- Spare Army 05 Dec 2016 | MC Joshi
- Judiciary must focus on justice delivery 03 Dec 2016 | BP Srivastava
- Cinema’s role 03 Dec 2016 | TS Karthik
- Instilling patriotism 03 Dec 2016 | Akshat Jaiswal
- Past endeavours 03 Dec 2016 | Nimai Charan Swain
- Extend benefits 03 Dec 2016 | Sravana Ramachandran
05 Dec 2016 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Raising question on efficacy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s e-wallet and cashless transaction initiatives, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said making cashless society in Urban area and amongst youths through Digital India could be done but how it would reach in rural and remote areas. “How these initiatives of cashless transaction would reach in the remote village and who would be teaching villagers about it...
People of Punjab have discarded Arvind Kejriwal. The Aam Aadmi Party is a gone case in the State. He has been rejected already.
I kind of figured out that no matter how hard I work, it is going to be hard to get the 200-metre world record.
I think it's a little over the line (for a US President-elect) to tell somebody: ‘I will play whatever role you want me to play'.