LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
- Haven for criminals 18 Jun 2018 | N K Das Gupta
- Ridiculous pricing 18 Jun 2018 | Subhash Chandra Agrawal
- Dying lifeline 18 Jun 2018 | Prakash C Dixit
- The anarchist strain in Aam Admi Party 18 Jun 2018 | S Vasudeva
- Golden Boot 16 Jun 2018 | Ganapathi Bhat
- Paying tribute 16 Jun 2018 | Ramesh G Jethwani
- Kashmir needs a political solution 16 Jun 2018 | G David Milton
- Rising against hunger 15 Jun 2018 | Kajal Chaterjee
- Welcome refugees 15 Jun 2018 | Dennis Fitzgerald
- Road to peace 15 Jun 2018 | Devendra Khurana
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...