LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
- Scary maths 22 Jul 2017 | HL Kumar
- Kovind has potential to be a good President 22 Jul 2017 | Bal Govind
- Hypocrisy unveiled 21 Jul 2017 | MC Joshi
- Wrong belief 21 Jul 2017 | M Ratan
- Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed 21 Jul 2017 | Ganapathi Bhat
- Nationalist AMU 20 Jul 2017 | Jasim Mohammad
- Naidu is the best and safe bet for the BJP 20 Jul 2017 | JS Acharya
- One religion 19 Jul 2017 | SC Panda
- Most precious 19 Jul 2017 | TT Sakaria
- Big conspiracy 19 Jul 2017 | PN Saxena
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2017 | Pioneer | New Delhi
MRM working committee meeting held The national working committee meeting of the Muslim Rashtriya Manch was recently held in Delhi chaired by national guide Indresh Kumar. National level office bearers from all over the country took part in the event including Dr Shahid Akhtar, AbuBajr Naqvi, SK Mudin, Afsar Quraishi, Girish Joyal, Md Afzal among others...