- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
MORE LETTERS TO THE EDITOR NEWS
- SP-Congress ties won't save grand old party 21 Jan 2017 | PN Saxena
- Welcome exception 21 Jan 2017 | Sandeep Sharma
- Selfless politics 21 Jan 2017 | Muhammad Waseem
- Doubtful dragon 21 Jan 2017 | Bala Srinivasan
- Sahayak needed 21 Jan 2017 | Major
- Have recordings 21 Jan 2017 | Madhu Agrawal
- BJP can single-handedly tackle other parties 20 Jan 2017 | BP Srivastava
- Churning politics 20 Jan 2017 | KS Padmanabhan
- Blockbuster election 20 Jan 2017 | R Narayanan
- Progressive GST 20 Jan 2017 | Bal Govind
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
22 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance which was promising to alter political equations in the Assembly elections of Uttar Pradesh by consolidating Muslim vote bank has collapsed. The SP was willing to offer only 99 seats to Congress while the grand old party brass wanted 130 seats...
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.