- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
MORE LETTERS TO THE EDITOR NEWS
- The need of hour is check and balances in AFSPA 30 Jul 2016 | Ganapathi Bhat
- Wrong view 30 Jul 2016 | TT Sakaria
- Take action 30 Jul 2016 | Sagar Singh
- Self-acclaimed leader 30 Jul 2016 | M Ratan
- Delayed decision 30 Jul 2016 | Nimai Charan Swain
- Oli out, Prachanda in! India in Nepalese cross-currents 30 Jul 2016 | Ashok Behuria
- We must not compromise on Parliament’s security 29 Jul 2016 | MC Joshi
- Battle continues 29 Jul 2016 | Gaurav Singhal
- Failed leader 29 Jul 2016 | Venkataraman Jagadesan
- Take action 29 Jul 2016 | Bal Govind
31 Jul 2016 | Rohit Srivastava
Despite being a relatively new force, the NDRF has responded to 1,121 operations across the country and abroad, rescuing over four lakh people. It has emerged as the go-to authority in case of disasters, big or small, writes Rohit Srivastava On April 25, at 5...
31 Jul 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The Commissionerate police on Saturday arrested Daruthenga Sarpanch Prasanta Kumar Routray even as tension prevailed for the third consecutive day at the village on the outskirts of the capital city with irate villagers staging a road blockade by felling trees in protest against garbage dumping at a BMC yard near the village. Sources said the sarpanch was arrested on the charge of leading the protest...
I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.