- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Madhu Koda ensured recommendation for Jindal's firms: Court
- Chopper deal: Parrikar to place facts in Parliament on May 4
- Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar
- Bangladesh economy projected to rise gradually: World Bank
- 72-year-old rescued 13 days after Ecuador quake
- US demands halt to Syrian regime's Aleppo bombing
- 'F-16s right platform for Pakistanâ€™s counterterrorism war' (08:38)
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The IPL advantage
Sir — When it comes to the big moments, India wins hands down (as it did on Sunday), to go down in the record books as winners of the final edition of the Champions Trophy.
Destiny’s child, MS Dhoni, can’t be stopped — not by mortals, at least, or so it seems! Team India captain Dhoni’s hat-trick is complete: The inaugural World T20 in 2007, the 2011 World Cup and, now, the Champions Trophy.
The match had, of course, been reduced to a T20 affair and the advantage was with Dhoni and his men, thanks to the Indian Premier League experience. Come to think of it, the IPL does have its pluse.
MORE LETTERS TO THE EDITOR NEWS
- High-level probe into the chopper scam inevitable 30 Apr 2016 | TKM Kumbalamchuvattila
- Another scam 30 Apr 2016 | Sagar Singh
- Scandal king 30 Apr 2016 | Juhi Singh
- Congress faults 30 Apr 2016 | BP Srivastava
- Appointment mess 30 Apr 2016 | M Kumar
- Million mutinies 30 Apr 2016 | SC Panda
- Congress bigwigs now have no place to hide 29 Apr 2016 | Ganapathi Bhat
- Stressed firemen 29 Apr 2016 | Divyangna Singh
- History damaged 29 Apr 2016 | G David Milton
- Education first 29 Apr 2016 | P Arihanth
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
01 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Governor Ram Naik registered his annoyance directly to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the reported statement by state parliamentary affair minister Mohammad Azan Khan on the Raj Bhawan in the floor of the State Assembly. Raj Bhawan communiqué confirmed that the governor talked about Khan to the CM when the latter went to the Raj Bhawan to meet him on Saturday evening...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.