2 jawans among 5 hurt in Pak firing
At least five people, including two Border Security Force jawans, received injuries in fresh exchange of fire from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector late on Wednesday evening.
In Jammu Pak rangers also opened fire along the International Border and targeted forward posts and civilian areas of Pargwal in Akhnoor sector.
The firing in the area started around 3.00 pm and continued till late evening intermittently. On both the fronts, Indian jawans retaliated effectively to silence Pak guns. Eyewitness reports claimed the Indian Army gave befitting reply to the Pakistan Army in Degwar and Sawjiyan area of Poonch.
According to BSF authorities, "Two jawans received minor injuries in cross LoC firing in Sawjiyan area of Poonch on Wednesday".
Senior BSF authorities confirmed the nature of injuries were not serious adding the jawans were coming on foot from their forward posts to receive medical treatment.
According to ground reports, three civilians were also hurt in Degwar area of Poonch in intense shelling during the day.
According to local residents in Poonch the intensity of the cross LoC firing has once again sent shock waves among them as Pak army targeted civilian areas by firing long range mortars . Several shells landed close to Poonch town and people were seen standing on their rooftops to witness the intensity of the shelling in the area.
- Didi‚Äôs PM dream stokes House stance opposite Rahul 18 Dec 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- J&K snowfall: Mughal Road closed for 8th day 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Yogi lauds PAC for smooth conduct of Gujarat elections 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi launches Saubhagya scheme from UP‚Äôs Unnao 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Youth killed in Valley crossfire, probe ordered 18 Dec 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Law, order issue likely to rock UP Houses 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Amar Singh bats for Ram Mandir 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley calls for radical judicial, edu reforms 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Work to integrate Brahmos on 40 Sukhoi aircraft begins 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Immovable property acquisition Bill in LS today 18 Dec 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...