- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
20% posts in 41 Central varsities lying vacant, says HRD Minister
Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash javadekar on Monday informed the Lok Sabha that around 20 per cent posts in 41 Central universities are yet to be filled and 9,000 ad hoc posts in Delhi University would be made permanent in one year.
“Vacancies in higher education institutions is a serious problem. Around 20 per cent posts in Central universities are currently vacant,” he said during Question Hour.
There are 41 Central universities under the purview of the HRD Ministry.
The Minister said that students were not keen to take up teaching jobs, resulting in shortage of faculty members in higher education institutions.
“The onus of filling up of posts lies in the Central universities which are autonomous bodies created under the respective Acts of the Parliament,” he said.
The Minister said to meet the situation arising out of shortage of teachers in universities and the consequent vacant positions, the age of superannuation for teachers in Central educational institutions has already been enhanced to 65 years, Javadekar said. He said retired teacher could also be re-employed beyond the age of 65 years upto 70 years,” said Javadekar.
He said 9,000 adhoc posts in Delhi university would be made permanent in one year’s time.
- PM to UP MPs: Stop taking favours from CM 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Sushma: India in constant touch with US on illegal migrants, H1B visa issues 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Law Minister: EVMs cannot be tampered 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley: We give sufficient funds, it is up to States how to utilise them 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Vociferous demand in RS to rename Chandigarh airport after Bhagat Singh 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- ‘Media should report constructive debates’ 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- NCSEBC to become constitutional body, will replace NCBC 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- RK Nagar: It’s Amma vs Puratchi Thalaivi Amma 24 Mar 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Will not allow religious polarisation in Bengal: Mamata 24 Mar 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Sonowal for permanent office of Brahmaputra Board in Majuli 24 Mar 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Singh
Is the marginalisation of the two caste-based parties in Uttar Pradesh a harbinger of change — from identity politics to the politics of development? If we take the 2014 and 2017 elections together, that does seem to be the suggestion, writes RAJESH SINGH Understanding an election result as monumental as that of Uttar Pradesh is akin to unravelling a deep thriller plot. The why, when, where, how and what — this...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Adityanath Yogi made a surprise inspection of the Hazratganj police station in Lucknow sending police officers in a tizzy on Thursday morning. Soon after, the Chief Minister said that there will be rule of law in UP and no one will be spared if found on the wrong side of law and asked police personnel to work with dedication...