20% posts in 41 Central varsities lying vacant, says HRD Minister
Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash javadekar on Monday informed the Lok Sabha that around 20 per cent posts in 41 Central universities are yet to be filled and 9,000 ad hoc posts in Delhi University would be made permanent in one year.
“Vacancies in higher education institutions is a serious problem. Around 20 per cent posts in Central universities are currently vacant,” he said during Question Hour.
There are 41 Central universities under the purview of the HRD Ministry.
The Minister said that students were not keen to take up teaching jobs, resulting in shortage of faculty members in higher education institutions.
“The onus of filling up of posts lies in the Central universities which are autonomous bodies created under the respective Acts of the Parliament,” he said.
The Minister said to meet the situation arising out of shortage of teachers in universities and the consequent vacant positions, the age of superannuation for teachers in Central educational institutions has already been enhanced to 65 years, Javadekar said. He said retired teacher could also be re-employed beyond the age of 65 years upto 70 years,” said Javadekar.
He said 9,000 adhoc posts in Delhi university would be made permanent in one year’s time.
- Green body imposes Rs 1L fine each on 4 rly stations for not complying with waste management rules 24 Oct 2017 | SR
- Man attacked for bursting firecrackers in Diwali; 2 arrested 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Relationship with India of strategic importance: US 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Will resolve all irritants in ties with B‚Äôdesh: Sushma 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- HFI seeks better quality of hemophilia drugs 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Vegetable prices shoot up 24 Oct 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Kharif crops in good condition despite rain: Agri Secy 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- SC asks Guj to apprise it of action taken against cops 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Milk adulteration: Govt all set to launch survey 24 Oct 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- AIADMK symbol fight: Dinakaran faction gets adjournment till Oct 30 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Oct 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A girl of around 18 years who was allegedly sexually assaulted at a sugarcane field by one of her relatives committed suicide by hanging herself from ceiling fan at her residence on Monday. No suicide note was received from the house, said police...