- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Lok Sabha session adjourned sine die
New Delhi: The Monsoon Session of the Lok Sabha was adjourned sine die on Friday after 19 sittings that saw the passage of 14 legislations, including the Banking (Amendment) Bill, and the susp-ension of six Congress members for “highly unbecoming” behaviour.
9 bills passed in Upper house this session
New Delhi: The Monsoon Session of the RS came to an end on Friday after passing nine Bills and debates on a number of crucial issues like lynchings and the agrarian crisis facing the country.
‘steps taken against shell companies’
New Delhi: Speedy steps are being taken against shell companies but a balance needs to be maintained between the ease of doing business and ensuring that the firms are not misused, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said. Jaitley told the LS that there is no definition for shell companies under the Companies Act but such enitities are used for round tripping of money.
- Punjab Govt approves hike in income limit of OBC 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Opp wants 1 day Kerala Session to table solar scam report 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat Govt doles out sops ahead of polls 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built on Shiva temple: Vinay Katiyar 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Motorcycle used in killing RSS leader recovered: Police 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM asks babus to break silos to speed up work 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 13 arrested for alleged assault on court team 19 Oct 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- 14-yr-old Dalit raped, killed in Shahjahenpur 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- NSCN(K) chairman elected chief of UNLFW 19 Oct 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Heavy rain warning for AP, Telangana 19 Oct 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...