- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Gadkari favours law on desilting of rivers
New Delhi: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday favoured enacting a new law on desilting of rivers to prevent floods and said such a legislation will be drafted in consultation with States, according to an official statement. The Water Resources Minister also pitched for inter- linking of rivers to stave off floods. Around 100 districts of the country are deluge-prone, he said. The Minister made the remarks at a meeting of the Consultative Committee of Parliament on flood management.
cabinet Secretariat to Govt depts: Keep posted
New Delhi: Irked over not being told about some agreements signed with foreign nations, the Cabinet Secretariat has asked all Government departments to keep it informed and stick to timelines. "Despite the said specific instructions, this secretariat is not being informed about signing of agreements/MoUs, which are required to be placed before the Cabinet/Cabinet Committees for information," the Cabinet Secretariat said in its latest directive issued to secretaries of all Central Government departments last week.
Gurdaspur Bypolls on October 11
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Tuesday announced that bypolls to Gurdaspur Parliamentary seat in Punjab and Vengara Assembly polls would be held on October 11. The Gurdaspur parliamentary seat fell vacant due to death of sitting BJP MP Vinod Khanna while Vengara seat fell vacant after P K Kunhalikutty resigned as MLA after his election to the Lok Sabha. The counting would be held on October 15 while the nomination process will start September 15. The last date of nomination would be September 22 while last date for scrutiny of nomination would be 25.
GST official booked for demanding bribe
New Delhi:The CBI has booked an official of the GST department for allegedly demanding bribe from a businessman to process his application for bond certificate for exports. The action has been taken on a complaint from an exporter based in Mumbai who had filed an application with the GST department for the certificate on September 1. He has alleged in the FIR that despite repeated visits to the office of the GST department in the Air India building by his peon, the application was not getting processed.
funds to promote pulse cultivation
New Delhi: The Agriculture Ministry has allocated additional funds to promote pulses cultivation in rice fallow areas of eastern States and for tackling wheat-blast disease in West Bengal under a central scheme National Food Security Mission (NFSM). The decision was taken at the 13th General Council meeting of the (NFSM) chaired by Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh. It also decided to allocate funds by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) institutes for front-line demonstration of rice, wheat, pulses and coarse cereals through Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
- Solution to reverse Delhi's air pollution lies in Haryana, Punjab: Kejriwal 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- MP CM derides use of mummy-papa, dad instead of ‚Äėmata-pita' 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India sends 3k family bags to Rakhine state 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Visit Oxygen Chamber for a breath of fresh air 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India can become role model in growth of children: UNICEF 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Multi-State mock drill on tsunami preparedness held 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- By-elections in four States on December 21 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Capital witnesses coldest Nov 24 morning in 11 yrs 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Hardik gets Y category security after threat 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Assam Min blames it on media, says sorry for Cancer controversy 25 Nov 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...