- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
3-hr puja for Yogi’s grih pravesh
Amid chanting of hymns, seven priests from Gorakshpeeth Muth in Gorakhpur carried out purification rites at 5, Kalidas Marg before Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s much awaited ‘grih pravesh’ on Monday.
“The puja was held in the morning. The pujaris reached Lucknow early morning and immediately started the puja,” a security guard at 5, Kalidas Marg, the official residence of Chief Minister told The Pioneer. He said that the puja continued for almost three hours.
Nilanjan Pai, one of the associates of the priests, said that seven priests carried out the puja while four others assisted them. “It was primarily Lord Shiva’s puja. Rudra Abhishek puja was also held as per the wishes of Chhote Maharaj (as Yogi is called in Gorakhpur). A hawan was also held,” he said adding that Yogiji was not present during puja.
All the ingredients of puja were brought from Gorakhpur. Even seven litres of cow milk and honey were specially brought from Gorakhnath temple to carry out the ritual. “It is normal to have a puja before one enters a new house. We offer prayers to Bhole Baba pleading him to shower his blessings on the occupant of this house,” Pai said.
As the puja continued, security personnel were amused. One of the priests even wrote ‘Om Shubh’ and put a Swastika sign on the gate in the morning. The House was decked up with marigold flowers. The décor of the sitting room has been changed. The curtains now have saffron tinge which were off-white during Akhilesh Yadav’s tenure.
Sources say that as Yogi’s day starts with feeding the cow and hence a few cow and calves would be brought from ‘gaushala’ of Gorakhnath temple.
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Darjeeling crisis: Gurung threatens to intensify stir 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Why police left DSP alone to defend himself, ask kin 24 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Kopardi case: Now, Defence wants Maha CM to be witness 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Cong wants TRS to recall decision 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Bihar ki beti’ fielded only to be defeated, says Nitish 24 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...