Absconding IAS officer Nirmala surrenders before Rajasthan ACB
Absconding IAS officer Nirmala Meena surrendered before the ACB on Wednesday after the Supreme Court rejected her anticipatory bail plea on May 10.
The then District Supply Officer (DSO) of Jodhpur, Meena had been suspended after the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) had registered a case of alleged irregularities in distribution of wheat. DIG (ACB) Ajaypal Lamba said Meena had been arrested and will be quizzed soon. Her successive anticipatory bail applications had been rejected by various courts.
Meena was wanted for alleged irregularities in the distribution of 35,000 quintal wheat meant for below poverty line (BPL) families. She allegedly sold the wheat to private flour mills as the DSO, Jodhpur in March 2016. According to Anti-Corruption Bureau, it was a scam of nearly Rs 8 crore
After an investigation, the ACB had registered an FIR against her.
Besides the case, the ACB had also registered a separate FIR against the suspended IAS officer and her husband Pawan Mittal for allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to the known sources of income.
During the investigation by the ACB, the couple had been found in possession of 19 immovable assets, which were said to have been amassed by them in past 10 years.
- India can be US partner in economic growth: Sarna 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Timings of Govt schools in Gurugram changed due to intense heat 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Is Centre planning another disruption by proposing changes in UPSC rules: PC 24 May 2018 | PTI
- No agreement with Pak on resolving Indus Waters Treaty dispute: World Bank 24 May 2018 | PTI
- SIT to probe extortion threats to 12 UP MLAs 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Yogi & Uddhav continue to exchange verbal fire 24 May 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Nurse body with injury marks found in J&K hospital 24 May 2018 | PNS
- Security guard of BJP activist decamps with his service rifle 24 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Tried to check in with girl, detained at hotel 24 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Gujarat advisory for cops post Jadeja‚Äôs wife attack 24 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...