- No evidence of killing of 39 Indians: Sushma Swaraj
- 'US should help build Indian Navy to force China back down'
- Will strike 'heart of US' if Kim regime threatened: Pyongyang
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM remembers bravery of armed forces
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in Srinagar
- Kohli wins toss, opts to bat against Sri Lanka in 1st Test
- Ghatkopar building collapse: toll 17; Sena worker arrested
Acquire disputed site for Ram temple: VHP
Reiterating the construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday urged the Centre to acquire the disputed site and suggested that the Government could offer another site to Muslims to build a mosque across the river Saryu.
In a joint Press conference with BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, VHP patron Ashok Singhal said they would organise a two-day national seminar in Delhi on January 9 and 10 for debating legal solution and to spread awareness on the building of Ram Temple.
“The Government for a public interest purpose can issue a notice to the Babri Masjid Muthwali (hereditary supervisor) for acquisition of the land and building of Babri Masjid and offer (to Muslims) another site to build a mosque, perhaps across the Saryu,” they said in a statement.
Answering to a volley of questions on the BJP-led Government’s stand on the VHP’s demand, Singhal said, “Nobody is objecting to the building of Ram Mandir.”
Swamy said the BJP’s manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections had promised the temple’s construction and the Modi Government should take steps in this regard.
They, however, said they would wait for the Supreme Court’s decision on the sensitive issue before deciding on further course of action. “There is no obstacle in the construction of the Ram temple.... The Government should take an initiative. BJP’s manifesto has also spoken about it,” Swamy said.
Swamy, president of Virat Hindustan Sangam, also shared an affidavit submitted by the then Government before the apex court in 1994 in which it had stated that if existence of a temple was established, its action will be in “support of the wishes of Hindu community”. Swamy and VHP general secretary Champat Rai claimed that excavation reports have stated that a temple existed there.
Swamy said he had already written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the issue and made several suggestions for the construction of temple. “I have not received a reply. I will take it up again after Bihar polls. I have also asked our president Amit Shah to convene a special session of National Council to debate on this issue,” he said.
- Pak man gets 7 years in jail in money laundering 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Man held for hiring killers to bump off brother 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Ulfa faction: Evict Hindi speakers, rehabilitate landless people 26 Jul 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Documentaries produced by Films Division win Gold at 12th IDPA Awards 26 Jul 2017 | TN Raghunatha
- SC asks Sahara chief to deposit Rs 1,500 cr by September 7 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Col serves notice to Govt against withdrawal of free ration 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- IGIA‚Äôs Twitter account hacked 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 8 die in Mumbai building collapse 26 Jul 2017 | TN Raghunatha
- Party is like a mother, we should never forget her: Naidu to workers 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 4 Zika cases reported in India so far: Govt 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...